*Ahem*

deafbajagal

Reaction score
Is there a way we can clean up some of the titles on the forum because they are grammatically incorrect.

Frankly, it makes the forum look...um...dumb.

I can't help it if I'm an English teacher. *Ducks!*

Is there a way we can clean up some of the titles on the forum because they are grammatically incorrect.

You said it!! And I agree.

None of us are here for a grade... I have seen many forums. Worst off with grammar than AD. :shrug:

Let people be who they are.

I do too.. Since this is a D/deaf forum.

I think we are doing pretty damn good with grammar.

This type of attitude, with the grammar is what keeps a lot of "Full Fledged" ASL users out of AD.

I do too.. Since this is a D/deaf forum.

I think we are doing pretty damn good with grammar.

This type of attitude, with the grammar is what keeps a lot of "Full Fledged" ASL users out of AD.

They tend to use vlogs

Also, we have people from different countries where English may not even be their 1st or 2nd language.

And how will they learn if they are allowed to keep making the same mistakes over and over?

Standards, people. Standards.

And how will they learn if they are allowed to keep making the same mistakes over and over?

Observation if interested? I have gotten much better at it since I joined here and started writing.

This is why I like to write OMG!wtfbbqforeverlongpoststhatneverseemtoendandtakeupthefullpagesothatyoucan'treadwhatIwroteanditmakesmelooksupersmart.

Just kidding. At least I try to use proper formatting.

PS. Typing a lot on a forum improves your english overall if you bother to care for doing so. I'm honest on that!
But if you write one word or maybe less than the average one sentence post responses, I think it does no good until you utilize the rest of what you learned.

Yeah, Standards are the way to go if one wants to learn how to use it correctly. I can understand that some of the time it can be a little bit bothersome when there are some grammatical errors out there.

But, In all out of this, I think that's what makes us different even though we just can't help it one way or another.

Just because it may seem to be dumb one way or another doesn't mean that we are. :)

i think it is awesome that people feel comfortable to post regardless of their english skills. i am not 100% confident of my english and it took me a while before i felt comfortable to post. its nice to see supportive and accepting people in here.

For me its getting used to the keyboard, a lot of times I lack words in between and makes no sense lol

Well they created a thread and ask for it, it's their thread. Sometimes they look at me as stupid even though I feel like my thread titles are correct for me.. I am not really bothered by those who created the titles, as long as I was interested, I go. :)

:hitit: :scratch::werd::gpost: but :topic:

Well, if you really think that some threads that need to be removed. The only way is for you to ask Alex whether he is willing to remove them, but it would take many hours or days for him to clean up his archives.

It is up to you to help or improve their grammar. A big problem is the logical argument that someone wrote on their post seems ridiculous which is very unfortunate, but let them to write their posts. We all do have that problem sometimes. Who cares!

English grammar is the most complicated to write on a paper that we have to deal in our society. Oh, it's illogical. Perhaps, it is just a mystery to create a form of grammar.

I really hate to read a very long story on a post that would take me to finish it for a century. I could not imagine that some people could read the long one. Imagine that you read the whole story, and then you look at the clock that might be surprised you that it passed five hours. You wasted five hours in your time. Life is really short no matter how young you are. I am sure that you know what I mean.

I could not imagine that naisho has the most interesting to write on his posts. I wouldn't able to catch up to read his long posts. Sorry! He is not the only one... He should get his Nobel Prize award. Smile.

nah..let it be,,after all they re human,,,many deafies are under-educated so they re here for the company and try to make the best of it,,maybe they are better in person than their grammar,,, ever hear of the expression,,,,don t judge a book by its cover,,

I say leave it alone. I recently became a member of another forum. (Motorcycle) I was surprised to see all the mistakes spelling and grammar wise. This is not worse but in some ways actually better than others that I have been reading.

I say leave it alone. I recently became a member of another forum. (Motorcycle) I was surprised to see all the mistakes spelling and grammar wise. This is not worse but in some ways actually better than others that I have been reading.

but you don't know if they're all hearing :hmm:

Back