Ah, the USA needs this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly it. The USA doesn't want its culture watered down by other cultures, just as other countries don't want their cultures watered down by others. That's what makes each country unique.

but... what makes this country much more unique than other countries is that we are a heterogeneous nation.

Thanks for providing us with more background info about the comments from Bush. As said, just one example of several that one can find by google.
It's obvious from that article that America didn't go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq in order to have Christians eradicate Muslims.

My point with atheists, is that if they have any phobia, it would be a general phobia, not against a specific religion. And I also tried to put a small joke in that sentence, but it seems that you missed both.
I guess it was too small to notice.

Christians in europe and middle east have a long story of attacking Islam, both by the sword and pen, with the first known case by Saint John of Damascus, born in 676 CE, who claimed that a heretic monk inspired the Quran.
He's not a Christian authority to me. If you have a complaint against him, take it up with someone that belongs to his religion.

Re: baptism.

The belief of Baptists is that baptism is performed only for believers; that is, people who have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior. Obviously, in order to do that one has to be old enough to understand the concepts of sin and salvation first. Then, only after salvation (being born again) does one get baptized. Baptism is a public declaration by a believer. It doesn't remove sins. For example, the thief on the cross who was crucified with Jesus believed on Jesus but wasn't baptized, and yet that very day he was in Paradise with the Lord.

People always get all worked up over if they are superstitious. It's sad, really.

Sorry Banjo, I like you even though we often disagree....but this is a cheap shot. We had a discussion about cheap shots in another thread weeks ago and at that time I didn't feel the comment (mine) rose to the level of cheap shot. However, the forum rules pretty much prevent posters from going into why we believe the way we do.....defending those beliefs. So to mock our beliefs IS in fact a cheap shot as we are not allowed a rebuttal without consequences from the mods. I respect your right to your belief but for you to mock mine and others in a forum where we are prohibited from from defending that belief crosses the line IMO.

Well, I'm not going to lie just to make people feel better. I say it as I see it.

For a person to get upset over the idea of a baby not being able to go to heaven if it is not baptized, that's a person getting worked over a popular superstition. I dismiss the concept of baptism as merely superstition, nothing more. To me, water is water, people cannot bless and turn plain water into holy water. Just like I don't believe God can speak to you through a priest during a confession. These things are all affiliated with religion, however all of these acts I mentioned are superstitious in my view. People sometimes are too credulous that it does more harm than good.

The reason why people are discouraged from discussing religion here at AD is because they get too worked up over it. I don't blame them for making the policy in the first place.

*shrugs*

That's life.

Jesus and a rabbi walked into a market one day...
Oh, never mind.

Well, I'm not going to lie just to make people feel better. I say it as I see it.

For a person to get upset over the idea of a baby not being able to go to heaven if it is not baptized, that's a person getting worked over a popular superstition. I dismiss the concept of baptism as merely superstition, nothing more. To me, water is water, people cannot bless and turn plain water into holy water. Just like I don't believe God can speak to you through a priest during a confession. These things are all affiliated with religion, however all of these acts I mentioned are superstitious in my view. People sometimes are too credulous that it does more harm than good.
To be clear, those things that you mentioned are not the beliefs or practices of all religions.

Yes, you always say what you feel. I respect that.

I consider them beliefs, not superstitions.

The reason why people are discouraged from discussing religion here at AD is because they get too worked up over it. I don't blame them for making the policy in the first place.

*shrugs*

That's life.
I do not get too worked up. I dislike outright mocking of religions, same as I dislike mocking in general. I have been guilty of mocking political views, but what people believe as a spiritual guide is off limits. I have said this before:
Mom saw the light. All doubts were erased from me. She was not superstitious.

I never been baptized in my life and used to be baptist as child, I think that baptist church doesn't baptism the baby so they do that in later childhood or adult.

After long time of inactive with religion, I don't think that religion is one of most important to me but for other people, maybe. I feel more comfortable with agnostic or atheist because I don't know about how the God looks like, also I don't agree with bible book either.

I never been baptized in my life and used to be baptist as child, I think that baptist church doesn't baptism the baby so they do that in later childhood or adult.
Correct.

There is weird, funny picture about communist takeover of US. :lol:

Homefront-Game-History-Classroom-2027.jpg

I don't get it. Please explain the humor to me. :confused:

a North Korean flag? :confused:

And that is funny how?

I found this picture is funny because of NK flag in school classroom in America.

It is fiction, not real. ;)

If you don't find that is funny so whatever.

I found this picture is funny because of NK flag in school classroom in America.

It is fiction, not real. ;)

If you don't find that is funny so whatever.
OK :cool2:

Sure, I'm going to bed so good night. :)

One more day to left for school until spring break start in next week. :D
Two more days for me this week. Up at 4:30 a.m.

Yes, we're on spring break next week, too. :D

Are you saying that a law that promotes stoning to death adulterers would be acceptable in American jurisprudence? Is a law that blames the victims of rape rather than the rapist acceptable? Should people be killed for blasphemy?
No I am not saying that. I am saying that your knowledge about sharia and Islam is very limited, and hope that most people don't belive your apparently hateful comments and prejudices toward Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back