Ah, screw it.

Waz

Reaction score
For some obscure reason, my younger bro nicked my wardrobe railing (the thing you hang yer' clothes on) out of my BIR a couple of weeks back, and it has taken me until today to get organised enough to replace it. So I went to the hardware store to get a new bit of dowel, measured and cut it, and proceeded up to the bedroom with screwdriver in hand.

But, alas, there was 1 screw missing from one of the thingumygigs that hold the rail in place, so I proceeded downstairs to my tool-kit to get another screw.

Didn't have no screws in my dad toolkit. :-/

So, being the untidy and disorganised family that we are, I checked in the drawers in the loungeroom (where there are generally LOTS of odds-and-ends including skateboard trucks and the hardware that accompanies them).

But there were no screws there either. :-/

Kitchen drawers, under the laundry sink, out in the garage where there is lots of crap awaiting a Hard Rubbish Chuckout......but nada. Nothing. Not ONE fucking screw in the whole house. :-/

How can you live in a house that does not have ONE LOUSY SCREW floating around somewhere?? :-/

Anyway, I've gotta go up to the hardware store to get a screw later on. :-D

How can you live in a house that does not have ONE LOUSY SCREW floating around somewhere?? :-/

:lol: ....Will this make you feel any better to know that I couldn't find ONE nail to hang this craft up when my ex hubby moved out 2 years ago after he took his whole set of tools and left me with nothing to use to fix up this house....I had to run to the store to get a hammer and a box of nails....

Well Hun; Me being a single mother with only a screwdriver and hammer so what does that tell you? I have nothing special here either. :Oops:

I empathize with you both...can you believe when I moved back to my parents' home three years ago, I couldn't even find a damn AAA battery? I almost ripped the house apart looking for just ONE freaking little battery...went to the drug store and bought a whole package of them...came back home and proceeded to replace the battery in the remote control...Mom comes by, asks me why I bought a new package...I tell her I couldn't find them...she proceeds to show me in the kitchen drawer where the batteries were kept...there were those damn suckers I been looking for!!! All I could do was throw in the NEW package in digust, and went back to the basement in a huff (and a puff, puff!).

*sigh*....

DreamDeaf said:
I empathize with you both...can you believe when I moved back to my parents' home three years ago, I couldn't even find a damn AAA battery? I almost ripped the house apart looking for just ONE freaking little battery...went to the drug store and bought a whole package of them...came back home and proceeded to replace the battery in the remote control...Mom comes by, asks me why I bought a new package...I tell her I couldn't find them...she proceeds to show me in the kitchen drawer where the batteries were kept...there were those damn suckers I been looking for!!! All I could do was throw in the NEW package in digust, and went back to the basement in a huff (and a puff, puff!).

*sigh*....
oh boy!!!! u need buy a beep for find a battery so u can find it easy!!!! :laugh2:

Ohhhhhhhhh Lordy Lordly, I couldn't help myself but laughed so hard at DD's post, boy!!!! Your mother seem to kept them where I keep mine in the same exactly place in the kitchen.....hahahaha....Poor girl *hugs*....It must have been an headache for you!

Angel, Angel...you're an angel...and I'm just a poor ole Devil...heh heh. All I know is that we used to keep them in the kitchen desk drawer, then she up and moves them! Now we live in a new place...and we are still looking for stuff that we haven't been able to find ...for two years!

:devil: :grouphug: :angel:

DreamDeaf, are you sure you don't have a box somewhere that's labeled 'lost and found'??? :D

...but then again, that box might be 'lost' too!! :laugh2:

Last edited:
:laugh2: :laugh2: @DreamDeaf, ^Angel^ and Roadrunner...

Thanks for a great laugh.. its so Cute!

(((Hugs)))DreamDeaf, I know how u must have felt. (beside welcome back girl!) :ily:

Roadrunner, if we had a box labeled Lost and Found, you can bet your patooties that the word LOST is highlighted, doubleunderlined, and in bold CAPITAL letters...and FOUND is in very very tiny letters, almost so faint as to become dots...and the box is floating somewhere in Never-Neverland!

Angel, I'm glad we're an excellent source of amusement for you!

Smiles!

I know how you feel. My room is like that sometimes. I have so much shit, I just can't find what I need... even when I know I have it. Heh!

Haha, I'm in the same boat as you all!!

Few weeks ago, my birth certificate had disappeared and I was soo pissed off since I needed it to get a tax file number. So, I went to the local court house and ordered another one by express post. Cost me nearly $30AUD!!.

There are few items I am unable to find in my room - it's looking like Cyclone Tracy hit it!! LOL - yes, I know, I need to clean it up. I cannot be bothered!

thanks a lot for reminding me...I'm still looking for BOTH my birth certificates!

GRRRR!!!!

Back