Agree to Disagree

LinuxGold said:
After much discussions that led to nowhere because of disagreement, we agreed to leave it as it is.

Don't you think that dispute is good for deafies to improve their debatable skills? That would develop their intelligences and seize their own perceptions.

I wish I should be in the debating team in my old mainstreaming high school in the small city.

Just wait and be patience. They will write the calm-manner debatable posts in a few years.

Mookie said:
Don't you think that dispute is good for deafies to improve their debatable skills? That would develop their intelligences and seize their own perceptions.
I agree that debate is good for deafies to improve their intelligence, strategies and logistics levels, however, continuous debate can become into moot which means that debate is going no where without solution.
However, I was on the top 10 list in Mock United Nations debate sessions out of 4 states that took place in Hershey, PA and became the first deaf to enter National Assembly in North Carolina.
I wish I should be in the debating team in my old mainstreaming high school in the small city.
You should have.
Just wait and be patience. They will write the calm-manner debatable posts in a few years.

What about abortion? It is still HEATED controversial issue after so many years and still is argumentative even today, even murder was committed.

Interesting view points in this thread, and I agree with most of you here.... :P

*bump for newbies*

Come and discuss about those subject:
"Agree to Disagree"

One ADer at other thread got my attention and agree with her point today. Because of this, I pulled those old thread out to here since I noticed some ADers have the problem to take debate posts serious. They can't see that each person has feeling and view which is different as other person. We have to accept the fact that we all have different feeling and views on any posts.

Agree to disagree, I wasn't quite sure what you meant. If I am right do you mean agree vs. Disagree?
Here is my input...

In agrumentive terms, both person have to have some reasonable opinions about a certain topic which requires a lot research and getting as much as possible information to begin debating. Yes, it involves a lot word choices and how to make good use of your language to make your debate worth arguing about.

Of course, not everyone will agree with you be ready to get some back fire comments and statements and how to handle them in a reasonable way.

Politics do this all time, allowing each person to speak within a certain frame. Respecting the others view without bashing or name calling that is not a reasonable.
Debates are fun, I had to do a few of them in college years and did them in high school too. It does require a lot of work and gathering your thoughts and ideas and huge amounts of research for good debate on specific topic.

Is it about civil arguement, if so. Then, you will have to point out the debate which is right or wrong.
Nobody are always right, and always wrong.

There's a lot of great comments on this thread regarding to this issue.

Agree to Disagree is based on integrity, courage and respect. I am aware there are times that people are wanting to get their point across in a debate. Sometime, it is good to get their point across and to learn of other's point of view. It is to be done in a civil manner without being harsh or hateful.

To me, That takes a lot of admiration and courage to do this. It isn't easy to agree to disagree. It is easy to have grudge when disagreeing on a topic but at the same time, being open minded is also involved as well.

Understanding that while opinions may be different it is not a reflection on the person as a human being. That a difference of opinion is not a personal attack on integrity or character, and should not be responded to as such.

Back