Advice of moving abroad

MrTommyy7

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum. I came to this forum to seek a advice about wanting to move to abroad (Australia is my choice). My mother is bit concerned about me being deaf and having no support when I move to other side of the world. So anyone have been moved to another country or living in Australia, give me advice or give right directions?

Regards

Nathan

:)

We have a few Aussies here on the forum. Hopefully they can give you some insight.

If you can be independent in the UK, I don't see why you can't be independent in Australia.

Same language, very similar culture ... as long distance moves go its probably one of the easier ones you could make.

Just curious, have you ever traveled there?

Dallas and I move Australia one year! Sydney.

Advice:

1. Find out if your home country has Medicare agreement with Australia. If so, you cover on Medicare in Australia, just pay Medicare levy on paycheque. If not, need apply Medicare levy exemption so you not pay t, and you need buy private cover.

2. Look gumtree.com.au for job before go. You will go WHVisa? If you go WHV you can renew second year IF you do certain thing like fruit pick in rural area three months before WHV expire. You can also get sponsor on 457 visa from WHV.

3. YHA all over Australia, excellent information for travel etc.

I think more later, I come back!

If you can change the title of the thread to "thinking about moving to Australia," our Aussie members might be more likely to see it. "Moving abroad" is very general and they might not read the thread.

Good luck to you. Sounds like a great adventure!

G'day!

Fellow local Australian here :cool2:

When come to considering the move to Australia, you will need to consider whatever visa suits you from the Department of Immigration (Department of Immigration & Citizenship) and I have to mention, moving here is a bit tricky however you'll need to try your best, do you have any extended family living in Australia? (This will definitely help)

Sunny_signs has covered a handful, and btw, sunny_Signs - Sydney is only 3 hours north of where I am :D Speaking of gumtree, there is other related job search websites as well like Australian JobSearch - Australia's largest free online jobs board which I look after - part of my day job (however it is only applies to jobseekers with australian residency though)try seek.com.au as it is a good site.

The communications here are pretty much english - Australia is multi-cultural country, we welcome anyone of any kind. AUSLAN (Australian Sign Language) is pretty much similar to BSL, so it is easy to pick up onwards.\

Where are you looking at in moving to in Australia?

Hope the details above helps :cool2::wave:

JClarke, not Canberra? That not 3 hour from Sydney. Hmm. Middle nowhere? Lol.

Oh! I know MOST IMPORTANT thing! You go Australia, you must must must eat meat pie Michel's Patisserie :)

Oh yes, sorry, we live there...umm..2009? Yes 2009. Love it! High recommend!

If you can be independent in the UK, I don't see why you can't be independent in Australia.

Same language, very similar culture ... as long distance moves go its probably one of the easier ones you could make.

Just curious, have you ever traveled there?

No I haven't travelled there but I have researched about them so much even it's my dream to live there.

Dallas and I move Australia one year! Sydney.

Advice:

1. Find out if your home country has Medicare agreement with Australia. If so, you cover on Medicare in Australia, just pay Medicare levy on paycheque. If not, need apply Medicare levy exemption so you not pay t, and you need buy private cover.

2. Look gumtree.com.au for job before go. You will go WHVisa? If you go WHV you can renew second year IF you do certain thing like fruit pick in rural area three months before WHV expire. You can also get sponsor on 457 visa from WHV.

3. YHA all over Australia, excellent information for travel etc.

I think more later, I come back!

Thank you so much for tips. Yes I will apply for WHVisa.

If you can change the title of the thread to "thinking about moving to Australia," our Aussie members might be more likely to see it. "Moving abroad" is very general and they might not read the thread.

Good luck to you. Sounds like a great adventure!

Yeah I should thought of that title.

G'day!

Fellow local Australian here :cool2:

When come to considering the move to Australia, you will need to consider whatever visa suits you from the Department of Immigration (Department of Immigration & Citizenship) and I have to mention, moving here is a bit tricky however you'll need to try your best, do you have any extended family living in Australia? (This will definitely help)

Sunny_signs has covered a handful, and btw, sunny_Signs - Sydney is only 3 hours north of where I am :D Speaking of gumtree, there is other related job search websites as well like Australian JobSearch - Australia's largest free online jobs board which I look after - part of my day job (however it is only applies to jobseekers with australian residency though)try seek.com.au as it is a good site.

The communications here are pretty much english - Australia is multi-cultural country, we welcome anyone of any kind. AUSLAN (Australian Sign Language) is pretty much similar to BSL, so it is easy to pick up onwards.\

Where are you looking at in moving to in Australia?

Hope the details above helps :cool2::wave:

Thank you so much for informations. :D I don't have any family over there which makes it bit difficult for me :( But I was looking at booking hostel for few weeks til I find my own place. SYDNEYYYY!!! :D:D

Oh! I know MOST IMPORTANT thing! You go Australia, you must must must eat meat pie Michel's Patisserie :)

Hahaaa!! Will do. Thanks.

Oh yes, sorry, we live there...umm..2009? Yes 2009. Love it! High recommend!

Fanastic.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my thread. :D:ty:

Best hostel Sydney WakeUp! where George and Pitt Streets meet. Right at Central train station.

Back