"Adventure to Bethlehem" plans to have terp - let them know what day. FREE Admission

jwillisbarrie

Reaction score
Great opportunity for the Durham Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community!

Rossland Ridge Bible Chapel in Ajax is getting ready for its exciting "Adventure to Bethlehem" event, and its goal is to make the event accessible to the Deaf Community this year!

"Adventure to Bethlehem" is an interactive event where visitors experience what Bethlehem was like 2000 years ago. It includes:
~ Time machine
~ Miniature version of Bethlehem
~ Real people making bread, working with leather, pressing olives, and more!
~ The Christmas story acted out by children
~ Petting zoo and cookie decorating for kids!

Admission is FREE for all visitors!!

And the best part is...Rossland Ridge Bible Chapel wants to make the event accessible to the Deaf Community by providing tours in sign language!!
There will be three hearing guides who know sign language. Two of them have worked extensively with the Deaf Community in Puerto Rico and are experienced with Signed English. The other guide is...me! I am in my first year of the Interpreter Program at George Brown College. I live in Whitby and have enjoyed getting to know some of the Durham Deaf Community through volunteering at Durham Deaf Services and attending DDS events.

We need to know if the Deaf Community is interested. If anyone would like to attend "Adventure to Bethlehem," could you please e-mail me at morningstar89@ gmail.com and tell me which day works best for you :

December 7 (Thursday) from 6-9 PM
or
December 8 (Friday) from 6-9 PM

After I hear which day works best for most of you, I will send out another e-mail telling you which day (Dec. 8 or Dec. 9) the sign language guides will be present at the event.

WHERE: 1 Stevensgate Drive, Ajax (Stevensgate Dr. is located off of Rossland Road just West of Westney Road)
Rossland Ridge Bible Chapel - Home

Thank you and hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Larissa Gabriel
morningstar89@ gmail.com

Back