Adopting deaf dogs in Europe

Liza

Reaction score
I would definitely love to have a small to smallish-medium sized deaf dog that is in need of rescue. I'm looking for an animal shelter in Europe (preferably in Norway). Does anyone have info at hand here?

I'm looking online, also. Didnt think it would hurt to post something about it here. The reason I want a deaf dog is that I won't feel so alone being deaf in a country that doesn't have a high deaf population. In fact, in my town there is only a few deaf people and I don't even know them.

PS: The dog has to get along with cats, too. If not, he needs to be trainable. So I can train him to get along with my other cats.

Liza said:
I would definitely love to have a small to smallish-medium sized deaf dog that is in need of rescue. I'm looking for an animal shelter in Europe (preferably in Norway). Does anyone have info at hand here?

I'm looking online, also. Didnt think it would hurt to post something about it here. The reason I want a deaf dog is that I won't feel so alone being deaf in a country that doesn't have a high deaf population. In fact, in my town there is only a few deaf people and I don't even know them.

PS: The dog has to get along with cats, too. If not, he needs to be trainable. So I can train him to get along with my other cats.
Hello Liza, I saw your post that you look for a deaf dog in Europe. I know one person who she and I contact each other often due she helps to rescue deaf dogs. Thought you might like to contact with her and her name is Debbie from Spain. She transports deaf pups or dogs to Germany/Europe.

She has one in www.deafdogs.org; the dog name is Mai, see her at http://www.deafdogs.org/adoption/profiles/mai.html.

Debbie s email addy is at debbies@retemail.es and ask her what breed do you look for or ask her what breed do she have that she can send pictures to you.

Good Luck to get a deaf dog. :fingersx:

offtopic..
If suppose someone breeders who want down Deaf British or English Bulldog.. I would love to rescue too.. :) let me know.. Catsaye

Thanks. :)

sound like there is alot of deaf dog out there. I had it once. but would rather have a small dog. LOL

Bullym0m said:
offtopic..
If suppose someone breeders who want down Deaf British or English Bulldog.. I would love to rescue too.. :) let me know.. Catsaye

Thanks. :)
Sure, I will keep an eye for you but I know one is Deaf American Bulldog from FL needs a home....

Cathy

CatSaye said:
Didnt you see Tiny Tim, he only weighs between 9 to 12 pounds.. See him at See him at http://www.deafdogs.org/adoption/profiles/tinytim.html

Tiny Tim is in Pomeranian Rescue.

Cathy

Hummmmmmmm doesnt like kids so I got kid. Oh well just have to keep looking.

I applied for fostering the pom from PomPosse now it in progress. They have to call my Vet first. Somehow my vet lost one of my file. GRRRRRRRRR I went in and told them and they said they lost one of the file for my dog not my cats and they look up the computer sure enough it's in there. :D

Back