Adjustment to late onset deafness

I see that you're in Waco. I don't know much about the Deaf community there but I'd imagine that it's small. Come on down to Houston and you'll fit right in.

Why don't you go ahead and use that .44 before you turn deaf? Then you won't have to worry about it.
Seriously, little boy. Go ask mommy for some attention. We don't have any to spare for you.

The AD Psychologist Ladies and Gentlemen

Even if you don't like Darnell because the way he/she writes but to suggest/agree with him that suicide is the answer?

*smh*

Even if you don't like Darnell because the way he/she writes but to suggest/agree with him that suicide is the answer?

*smh*

not again. your typical tactic - sitting back and fingerpointing at people instead of stating your stance clearly.

*smh*

Oh, puh-leeze. Like that was a suicide threat! Some people need to stick with what they know...and in this case, it is very little.:roll:

not again. your typical tactic - sitting back and fingerpointing at people instead of stating your stance clearly.

Some things never change. They live in their misery until they die.:cool2:

Now, how about getting this thread back on topic; no reason to let one bored juvenile with no adult supervision and a couple of immature adults ruin what has been a very productive and supportive thread for so many.

Back on topic .*ahem* Waco is a small, rural place. It's a university town. There's probably not a lot of diversity in the Deaf community. It's probably a small, tight group.

One of the friends, who is Deaf, I hang out with at deaf club.

The reason I asked is that this is a common statement you will be told from both sides of the spectrum, either hearing, or d/Deaf. However, the important thing is how you see yourself and how you want to identify yourself. I have had that said to me countless times, it was only when I made the decision of how I was to identity myself that released me from that quandry.

Back on topic .*ahem* Waco is a small, rural place. It's a university town. There's probably not a lot of diversity in the Deaf community. It's probably a small, tight group.

Waco is actually a pretty good size town now. There are quite a few deafies there. I met some at NSAD. Only about an hour from Austin too (or 3 with traffic) and there are tons of deafies there.

I would venture to say that it is, especially with it being a university town.

Waco has become a bigger town over the years. Fact of the Day: We have two malls now. =] <br></br> On topic, sorry. But still some of the "deafies" (I like that) here are still a little judgemental (kind of hypocritical if you ask me). I hate it so much. Okay so I wasn't born Deaf, big deal. You bitch about how the world has, for lack of a better word, excommunicated, you, but then you judge me like <i>this</i>? Seriously. Come on now. Rant ceasing. Sorry.

Don't allow other people to define you. If they cannot accept you in your journey, it's their loss. Maybe a road trip to Austin?

Not only is Waco a university town, it's Southern Baptist. Very conservative. I went to the ungodly university down the road. lol

I prefer to use my hands but hearing is loss is audiologically classed as mild.

and the visual communication cues/needs are a big part of our lives <visual also because I have LD and auditory processing issues>.

Really enjoyed the discussion on Deafhood. I guess I'm on my deafhood journey.

Same here

Sadly its getting the "world" to accommodate us.LDs dont only affect us in the regular classroom.

My listening levels are totally diffident to hearing levels.

Sadly 'terps funding is tied hearing levels. Im hoping that riding teacher and the volunteers are open to the side communicator idea :fingersx:

Back