AD Running Slow?

down again yesterday and today again for awhile after noonish.

I noticed it at the time as well (we are both in USA's Central Daylight Time Zone). I got a box at one point that noted that they were off for upgrading and maintenance. I probably should have copied it for later posting but did not.

I noticed it at the time as well (we are both in USA's Central Daylight Time Zone). I got a box at one point that noted that they were off for upgrading and maintenance. I probably should have copied it for later posting but did not.

As did I. I was actually on here when it went down. Came back online just before 2.

It seems like it's some sort of scheduled maintenance or.. something.
Another forum I'm a member of used to do that all the time.. vBulletin software. The forum would go down at a specific time (If I recall somewhere around 1 AM my time usually) and be inaccessible for maybe 15-20 minutes then come back up. I've forgotten what the problem was or why it was doing that.

Seems like the same thing is happening with AllDeaf. I wonder if Alex needs to do some pruning- as the forum gets bigger with more and more threads, the load time will slow down and get laggy as time goes on. Just my perspective. I don't claim to be an expert :).

I've only seen it happen here once so far.

It seems like it's some sort of scheduled maintenance or.. something.
Another forum I'm a member of used to do that all the time.. vBulletin software. The forum would go down at a specific time (If I recall somewhere around 1 AM my time usually) and be inaccessible for maybe 15-20 minutes then come back up. I've forgotten what the problem was or why it was doing that.

Seems like the same thing is happening with AllDeaf. I wonder if Alex needs to do some pruning- as the forum gets bigger with more and more threads, the load time will slow down and get laggy as time goes on. Just my perspective. I don't claim to be an expert :).

I've only seen it happen here once so far.

As Alex said before, it's the high volume of Internet traffic. It actually went down twice this week, and as AllDeaf gets bigger with more members joining up, it will slow down.

The # of REGISTERED members won't cause an issue- it's the number of postings and of views/visits that causes the issue. The internet traffic is definitely true- have see that on several forums over the years- volume due to activity or visitors to the site (not necessarily registered members) who find their way there by google or some other search engine.

there has been something wrong I thought it was me.it was yesterday morning and noon

Back