Actress Shelley Long Overdoses

Nancy

Reaction score
Actress Shelley Long, who played Diane on TV's "Cheers" overdosed as an attempted suicide.

I was really shocked to hear about it earlier today, since she doesn't look like the person who would do suicide or even do drugs!

Click here to read about Shelley:
http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=52b925a7286a4174

What the hell was she thinking!? Boy, I'm surprised this actually happened to her! :crazy:

Poor Shelley Long. :( I don't really blame her...she is pretty depressed over her divorce from her husband and the loss of her home in Hollywood. I hope she'll feel better soon.

According to a recent report, the first report was very misleading. She did not commit suicide.

"Shelley took an extra pain pill for her back, which she hurt when she fell on the set of 'Cheers' many years ago," Martin Mickelson told The Associated Press. "She had a reaction to it ... but she is now home and she is fine."

"She had a nice Thanksgiving," he added.

Mickelson denied published reports Friday that suggested Long, 55, had apparently taken an overdose of painkillers brought on by the breakup of her 22-year marriage to stockbroker Bruce Tyson.

http://www.canoe.ca/Television/nov26_long-ap.html

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe what I just read. She is lucky enough to be given another chance to take a shot with her life after her unsuccessful marriage and in the future.

Thank you Banjo for the link....

She might have took too much pills because of her back pains, but I'm glad to hear she is ok now....

I remmy she has bad time when she was play in Cheers. I doubt that she will go back on again. If it is true, then it will come on newstand in stores.....

Remember how many 'accidents' Kurt Cobain had before he successfully killed himself. When it comes to Hollywood, its hard to tell an accident from an attempted suicide. Regardless, I wish her the best. As far as actresses go, I don't think she was all that bad.

I am glad she is OK it was an accident she took too much for her back pains.
When I first open this thread it was hard to believe she actually took drugs, she doesn't seem that type of person would do that.

Is Shelley Long Deaf? Cause thats whar rush limbaugh did took overdozes of painkillers and he lost his hearing because of it.

Thanks Banjo for clarifying this...and of course, medical reactions do happen from time to time...hope she will recover quickly and bounce back....

Tsk...the news mongers need to research more in depth before declaring that Shelley Long attempted suicide. :roll:
In Hollywood, it has always been well known that news mongers would jump to conclusions that most overdose cases were suicide attempts. Not all of them were.

I just hope that Ms Long will recover and get on with life after recovering from the accidental overdose.

ravensteve1961 said:
Is Shelley Long Deaf? Cause thats whar rush limbaugh did took overdozes of painkillers and he lost his hearing because of it.

Is Shelley Long Deaf ? Good question ....
I actually haven't seen anything in writing
about her hearing losses due to these
painkillers... I wonder what Rush have been
up to lately...

I also heard about a number of musicans
losing their hearing due to the loudness...

Y My favorite Musician was Bill Haley im sure you heard of him. I never heard he lost his hearing at all! And "Rock around the clock" is one of my favorite songs. But now i can no longer hear that song again. I hope the nucleus 24 can allow me to hear that song again and this time understand every word without looking at the lyrics. But did bill haley ever lost his hearing at some point in his life?

Back