Activation

aweet_princess198925

Reaction score
yesterday I had my Cochlear implant activated and it was a very interesting day. I can hear my voice and I sound so funny I almost didn't want to talk for the day. Everyone sounds like mini robots. I did take it off after awhile cause some sounds were annoying and some sound I was hearing in the house and I couldn't fine where it was coming from. I plan on wearing it all day today but I'm having issues with my hair. I'm thinking about cutting it in that one spot.

this does sound exciting being able to hear your own voice you should get use to hearing it after awhile . Can you comb your hair a difference way so look OK to you?

I am so fascinated by the ci and how it sounds. Is it what you expected?

Never opted for CI myself, I liked to be natural. Used hearing aids when I was little. Never used them again because all you can hear was "sounds" not actual "voices" or "words", although I'm also fascinated how CI works both positively and constructive criticisms.

Last edited:
I am so fascinated by the ci and how it sounds. Is it what you expected?
I actually thought I would understand words and be closer to where I was with my hearing before my loss since it's only been 2 years since this started but I was wrong. Everything sounds robotic and people sound like mini robots lol. I don't like my voice but I think it's because I can't understand myself either so I'm sort of discouraged because I was expecting to pick up on everything faster and I'm not but hey it's only been 5 days. Lol

this does sound exciting being able to hear your own voice you should get use to hearing it after awhile . Can you comb your hair a difference way so look OK to you?
I'm multiracial so I have curly hair. Right now my hair is in faux locs so I have a part in my hair where my headpiece can sit a little better that before so hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    331.9 KB · Views: 11
I actually thought I would understand words and be closer to where I was with my hearing before my loss since it's only been 2 years since this started but I was wrong. Everything sounds robotic and people sound like mini robots lol. I don't like my voice but I think it's because I can't understand myself either so I'm sort of discouraged because I was expecting to pick up on everything faster and I'm not but hey it's only been 5 days. Lol

yeah as a ci user it does sound all electronic unfortunately, i would have preferred to hear much more natural

Never opted for CI myself, I liked to be natural. Used hearing aids when I was little. Never used them again because all you can hear was "sounds" not actual "voices" or "words", although I'm also fascinated how CI works both positively and constructive criticisms.

yeah i know what you mean, it's hard to get clear words and stuff through my head, it's not easy

to be honest i think i would have preferred to stick with 3G model but idk i have n5

i would have preferred the regenerative method to renew the hair cells in my ears instead of relying on the electronics lol

Back