Acid attack thrown on hearing impaired woman's face

kokonut

Reaction score
“It was the most painful thing,” the 28-year said, recounting the Monday attack in which a stranger splashed a cup of acid into her face. “My heart stopped. I almost passed out. It made holes in my shirt. Imagine that on your skin. I could hear sizzling.”

A Christian, Storro returned throughout the half-hour to her profound belief that God is watching over her.

She points to the sunglasses, credited with saving her eyesight, that she bought 20 minutes before the incident as a sign of divine presence.

“For some reason, I had this feeling I needed to buy sunglasses,” Storro said in. “That’s Jesus, for sure.”

She said she picked out the “cute” sunglasses a week earlier, and went to buy them Monday after receiving a paycheck in the mail.

She was wearing them as she stood by her car Monday, on Columbia Street just south of Ninth Street, police said. That’s nearly one block up Columbia from Esther Short Park and the Starbucks near West Eighth Street and Columbia.

Storro said she was planning to get some coffee at the shop at about 7:15 p.m. when a woman approached and said, “Hey, pretty girl. How are you? Would you like a drink of this?”

Storro declined. The woman let the acid fly. Storro called it a “miracle” she’s not blind.

She said she decided to tell her story because she wants to ensure the woman who burned her face is caught.

Acid attack victim:

I saw her on the news today, poor thing is all bandaged up like the invisible man. I feel it is divine intervention that she does not normally wear sunglasses but bought some earlier that day and it saved her sight.

I read about that too, it does seem incredibly lucky she bought the sunglasses. I hope they catch her attacker.

Horrible crime...I'm wondering if the woman held a grudge against the lady?....Or if was just a random act....an act of violence such as this is pure hatred.....

Horrible crime...I'm wondering if the woman held a grudge against the lady?....Or if was just a random act....an act of violence such as this is pure hatred.....

It was random act of violence ! The bitch was jealous that woman was so pretty that she wanted to destroy her face! I hope the cops find this ass then throw a bottle of acid in her face!

That poor lady! She's held up very well considering what she's been thru.

The news stories didn't mention her deafness; only kokonut's link did, as far as I know.

It's scary to think that the perp is still out there. I hope there will be no more victims. :(

That poor lady! She's held up very well considering what she's been thru.

The news stories didn't mention her deafness; only kokonut's link did, as far as I know.

It's scary to think that the perp is still out there. I hope there will be no more victims. :(

I didn't hear the beginning of the story, but they did interview her and you could tell by her speech that she had some hearing disability.

I didn't hear the beginning of the story, but they did interview her and you could tell by her speech that she had some hearing disability.
She did have a "deaf accent."

She did have a "deaf accent."

I saw her on TV too but I was not able to pick up on this. This is such a horrible cruel crime , the poor woman face will be messed all her live! I hope that ass this did this is found and locked up for good!

Acid does horrible damage to the skin. Hope they find the attacker. How frightening!

The Pro Taliban supporters use acid to throw on schoolgirls all because they don't want girls to be educated.

So, yeah, acid seems to be another weapon used more often now.

Glad the woman's ok.

that is awful, that black woman who did this to her face is NUTS!. something is weird with her mind, it's an act of evil!. black woman deserve to be in jail for what she did to her face.

good things that bethany wear sunglasses, the acid could cause her blind if she's not wearing sunglasses-it saved her eyes. sadly, her face is not the same anymore.

Where get acid? It's come from auto battery, they crack it open and heat up before throw it to anyone's face. It's very serious damage on face. It happen to one beautiful lady in England. Poor her soul, she cannot get male anymore.

Back