Abr test results

MINILEE

Reaction score
so people the abr wasnt that bad at all.
just have to relax it wasn't anything especially if you have a severe to profound hearing loss you barely hear the clicks.
so i took the test today and they found out it was very abnormal.
they didnt give me the tests right away but they did tell me that
part of me is sad but other relieved that its over
so the next step is to see my new audiologist
what do they usually do next? they can't point oout why I'm deaf lol....I wouldn't want all this drama I just want my new hearing aids these are lame.

the most annoying thing they did was didnt give me my hearing aids and tried to talk to me did they do that to yall so freaking annoying .....especially the electrodes they stick to your head they itch lol

yeah, mine was annoying, too

My ABR experience was a nightmare (as I have said before). Even though I had a "terp," the "audi" was NOT helpful. Wanted to take my glasses away (VERY nearsighted). I refused. Wanted to turn out (all?) the lights. I refused. Got right in my face (literally), so that I could not see what the "terp" was signing. I mean, there was NO POSSIBLE WAY not to see her MOUTH UP CLOSE. So, I just answered her "orally," since the "terp" would not have been able to see my signs ANYWAY. This "audi" was RIGHT IN MY SIGNING SPACE. I couldn't really hear too much of what she was saying, due to (not only) my hearing problem, but also that my ears were PLUGGED with "inserts" connected to "sound tubes." I "registered" a response at different decibel levels, but I could SEE her equipment (monitoring) screen QUITE CLEARLY. I mean, how could I NOT register a response to VISUAL STIMULI? It is similar to taking a "speech test" and being able to lip-read the audi quite clearly. If an audi is this "sloppy," (as to skew the validity of the test by failing to eliminate VISUAL INPUT) then, of course the written report (as well as the test itself) is going to be "inconclusive." OR (even sillier), the report will say that the person has "normal" hearing. She couldn't even answer a "simple question" about the nature of the ABR. I rather doubt she even KNOWS what "dys-synchrony" means. HONESTLY! :shock:

I rather doubt she even KNOWS what "dys-synchrony" means. HONESTLY! :shock:

one of the doctors went on to say that auditory neuropathy and other things were more a issue like CAPD and stuff It confuses me makes me not want to go back. They think because many "deaf" people have no response to OAE's that the ones who do get this ABR test and they can find out something...when clearly thats not all possible everytime. It shakes my nerves.

they begin to say that your audiogram doesnt match your abr and this and that one of my friend that happened to her so obviously it should show where and how your audiogram marks are. a bit confusing to me.

im just going to foget it all if they dont man UP!!! and switch doctor
and yes they are very very rude

ugh! my abr was nightmare too! they gae me to much meds to relax me cuz i had to have a mri and im clusterphobic so they gave me zanax it hink it was. well i had abr right after when zanax took affect, i fell asleep then lady grabs me and scares me awake, then they said that my abr was inconsistant, cuz t showed i reacted to a stimuli, hmmm, could it be that the stimuli was that i got startled in test! and i could see the stuff on screen too. the brains image and hearing center close in its response so how would they know whether it hearing or sight that the brain was stimulated by? ya know. the doctor said we cant help you because the ABR inconclusive. i just said whatever, this is a joke man. But, in the long run im glad because my folks wanted me to get C.I. and im greatful i didnt get one so in the end it was a blessing for me!

Back