about my Starkey S series 5

sonocativo

Reaction score
I cant find the original posts about these pieces of crap.
Anyways I was trying to get the left one working again and it just wont. I am really wanting to at least be able to hear if my court case comes up soon. I got on Starkeys site and contacted them, they asked for the serial numbers to look into it and got back with me today. I originally got them 7/2010 and they were in for numberous repairs since til they went out of the 2 year waranty on 11/2012....
They said I had the option of purchasing a 3 yr extended waranty but I told them I never was told or informed of the extended waranty as I would have gotten it since there were so many issues with them... I am waiting to see if they will offer it and if it is cheap enough for the time being.

I am kind of pissed, actually really pissed that my audi didnt tell me or offer it to me at the time. so, if they will repair it or offer a reasonable waranty I may take up on it for the time being but I wont go back to where I got them, I will seek out a new audiologist and company to deal with and there are a few local here at the hospital.

So, until I get everything together on the CI... but lately been unsure about the CI... just nervous about the whole ordeal as anyone should be.
here is the link to it and its replacement
http://precisehearing.com/hearing-aids/starkey/starkey-s-series-5
http://precisehearing.com/hearing-aids/starkey/starkey-wi-i70

Mike,

Try lifting up the mic guard as I've shown here. Get your fingernail under the tip and pull it off. You won't hurt anything and you can easily put it right back on. A lot of times that's all it is with those RICS.

Ive pulled that cover off, as well as pulled the inners out and the rubber piece over the mic and nothing, its clean, just something isnt working. Ive swapped the RIC just to see if it was the ear piece and nothing so it is the BTE piece thats broke.

why are you unsure about CI? remind you that my hubby got ci at around 33 to 35 years old. It s working well for him but he does have some hates for CI but not bad.

why are you unsure about CI? remind you that my hubby got ci at around 33 to 35 years old. It s working well for him but he does have some hates for CI but not bad.

I want the CI, just easing into the Jump in with both feet mode...lol
Im thinking to wait til the house is done and moved in, just so much going on... I do worry about the robotic sounds and all as well as the re-learning to hear, but thats just the minor stuff. I just dont want to end up in a hurry and get crap that breaks or dont work right. Want to find a surgeon who knows what hes doing and not a Butcher from the neighborhood meat market.

I understand about your working as a """construction worker""". True. But I guess buying the hard hat that should be ok?

My hub said he wishes he had it earlier than 30s. Soooo

I understand about your working as a """construction worker""". True. But I guess buying the hard hat that should be ok?

My hub said he wishes he had it earlier than 30s. Soooo

Yeah, Just I dont work anymore, cant with my neck and back and other physical issues. Id love to have a real job, career again but I wouldnt make it in the physically demanding work force anymore...That would be the life of me as I hurt so bad now basically doing nothing but some minor stuff. Kind of feel degrading always looking and asking for help especially people who knew me as the Hard headed, hard working laborer all my life, now they look at me and say... What? You can do that !
I used to, just not anymore, I depend on a lot of help now, lifting/moving and common labor. Most mornings I can hardly get out of bed.

Lately my wife noticed my hearing has gotten worst as she has to yell for me to hear her, Our son is always referee-ing us to stop argueing but we have to explain " Dads ears are broke" lol Mom has to yell for me to hear her but getting better with ASL too.

Wirelessly posted

sonocativo said:
I cant find the original posts about these pieces of crap.
Anyways I was trying to get the left one working again and it just wont. I am really wanting to at least be able to hear if my court case comes up soon. I got on Starkeys site and contacted them, they asked for the serial numbers to look into it and got back with me today. I originally got them 7/2010 and they were in for numberous repairs since til they went out of the 2 year waranty on 11/2012....
They said I had the option of purchasing a 3 yr extended waranty but I told them I never was told or informed of the extended waranty as I would have gotten it since there were so many issues with them... I am waiting to see if they will offer it and if it is cheap enough for the time being.

I am kind of pissed, actually really pissed that my audi didnt tell me or offer it to me at the time. so, if they will repair it or offer a reasonable waranty I may take up on it for the time being but I wont go back to where I got them, I will seek out a new audiologist and company to deal with and there are a few local here at the hospital.

So, until I get everything together on the CI... but lately been unsure about the CI... just nervous about the whole ordeal as anyone should be.
here is the link to it and its replacement
http://precisehearing.com/hearing-aids/starkey/starkey-s-series-5
http://precisehearing.com/hearing-aids/starkey/starkey-wi-i70

Someone out there could still help out. Hi

Wirelessly posted

Jeff H. said:
Mike,

Try lifting up the mic guard as I've shown here. Get your fingernail under the tip and pull it off. You won't hurt anything and you can easily put it right back on. A lot of times that's all it is with those RICS.

Hi jeff

I got an email back from Starkey, they say I can pay for the repair them buy an extended warranty on it for up to 5 years.
They said to check with lions club, salvation army...ect...ect... that they may pay for the repairs... so, now I got to do some more hunting.

Back