About my English language

sarahkhan

Reaction score
I had appeared IGCSE english language this mayjune........
there is a part of oral communication and listening....
i always had studies in a normal school. not even in a mainstreamed school...i told my parents that i am not happy in this school.....i barely have friends only 2 friends i have so far....i feel so isolation..... people treated me as an object of pity....i explained them how i feel to be isolated but they say this will go fine later, they are thinking for my best future. i know they are.

i had worked sooo hard then finally my english exam came up, i was ready to take listening exams, though obviously it is hard to listen as i m deaf( i wear hearing aids), but i was determined to give even my two friends was with me.....but my parents totally opposed me......telling not to appeared english as i would get zero in listening.......thus they request the exam board to cancel the listening paper for me.
but why i was admitted to this school then??.....i explained them many times but they again said they are thinking for my better future...i know but i would have been far happier in deaf school where i would have atleast friendships, easy communication with other deaf people..( i never have met a single deaf person in my life). i am so sad for this....:(

I am really proud of being deaf.........

Hey where are you from??

When I did my GCSE, I did not have to do the speaking and listening part.

I am from bangladesh but i lived in KSA.
so you did only the writing paper one without any oral and listening?
yeah i didnot even do the listening parts...but but i did as a alternative to face to face listening and writing.:)......(in which i did so badly....... i expect i will get C or D):shock:

Yeah I just did the written bit and all the coursework

I really don't understand why you have to use the listening to be able to understand words. Many deafies or Deafies could not make heads and tails when it comes to listen to the sounds of words. When a person cover the mouth and you can not read the person's mouth, you would not be able to make out what the words are. Why it is so important if you are so determine to be in the hearing society? Being in the normal or mainstream (oral-only program, no sign language allowed) school, it is hard enough to make the grades and trying to be among hearing students. You will feel isolate from them not understanding what they say. That is why we need Deaf schools (Deaf program, sign language allowed) to help students learn better in the regular classroom so that you will get better grades than C and D, even F if you can not understand what is being said in the hearing classroom. If you have a mild hearing loss with the help of hearing aid, then maybe you can hear the words spoken which is okay as long as you can make it out what the words are. I hope you can understand what I am talking about. :hmm:

Hey Bebong, even I am deaf from birth, so give me a high five!!:wave:
Oh, no i am not determine to be in hearing society, infact i love to take challenged, listening is one of challenge for me:P
okay, if you still did not understand my mind, let me explain little bit about my background....

I was brought up in hearing society with no idea about how many deaf exist in world, as nobody ever care to tell me. and too i studies in normal school(if you call it mainstream then it is mainstream school).
growing up in this society with more difficult experience( feeling isolated....)but i finally managed to catch up few conservation without lipreading...i praticed this everyday.....i m just trying to take up as a challenge.
but my family didnt allowed me to take up listening....telling me i will get zero.....
that made me more isolated!!!
i hope you understood(i am regetting that i am deaf, infact i m proud to be deaf.....being a only deaf girl ever in my family generation, spread my smile more wider). That is....(u can learn more about me in "Introduce me"):P

Back