About My Dad....

steph9700

Reaction score
I just found out that my Deddy got taken to the emergency room some time Monday before lunch in Indianapolis Indiana. He has been up there about 3 weeks visiting with family but when he woke up Monday he was babbling & couldn't say what he wanted to say & was real dizzy. my aunt & uncle, Chuck & Mary, took him to the E.R. where they admitted him & have kept him for testing. Deddy was adamant I not be called because he didn't want me to worry, but him not calling me at least once every few hours like he normally does made me worry even worse, also his cell was turned off & the only number I have for Chuck & Mary is her cell but it has to be turned off when she is in the hospital with him which was most of the time he was in there. Deddy finally let her call me when he got the discharge orders today to let me know what had been happening. They are not sure still but think it was a minor stroke on top of the fact that he had a viral infection plus an inner ear infection which caused the dizziness and some disorientation. They are headed back to Mary's house now & have filled the prescriptions for antibiotics & some ear drops plus the doc gave orders for him to stay in bed for 3 or 4 more days & after that if he wants to come home, (here to his home home), that Chuck was going to have to drive him home, with his bike in the trailer with dads bike so he can turn around and go back to his home in Indianapolis. I called Anne which is dads next door neighbor to tell her Dad was going to be gone a few more days and she told me that she had been in the hospital a few days herself, she went in with chest pains and they found "a spot" on her heart that they are going to do an M.R.I. on to see if it is just scar tissue from her open heart surgery 10 years ago of if it is something new. She also spent 3 days in Woodland Hills which is like a small mental hospital or treatment facility. She got to thinking about my mom being gone and then we couldn't find dad then she had the chest issue and she basically just freaked out and had to go in so they could give her some nerve meds to calm her down. She said she is fine now but that I need to come see her more often so she doesn't freak so bad again. I don't know how much more bad news I can take. I absolutely HATE leap years! I am only sending this out for an update to you guys and to ask for your prayers of strength for me. I know Dad and Anne are both in their 70's that their life expectancy is way shorter than mine but dang! I just lost my mom to cancer/suicide. Just pray or whatever you do for me to have the strength to do what needs doing and to get through their inevitable time of passage. Please also pray for them to not be in any pain or suffering when it is their time too, I don't want them to suffer in any way, and all of us are still in major emotional pain from losing mom.

i know its hard for you,steph9700 on your dad and family

my late Grandma have stroke also but she been still survives for 10 months till she passes away last July 2007 but im not sure what kind in my grandma's brain and im felt bad about my grandma so she staying at nursing home for months till her summer death but i never says goodbye to her when she dies and im wishes she would alives today but she still in spirit very dearly my grandma never have surgery so she have pacemaker.

my dad have heart valet last June 2004 dues have chest pains so my dad have to operates but not HUGE just small piece in his heart so im visit my dad everyday after his surgery over and more! makes sure my dad ok but my dad never have heart attack history but my mom tell me about my dad going have surgery and im worried about my dad but my mom says dont worry about my dad but my dad still survives! thankness godness! but my dad now 55 years old

dad had open heart surgery about 3 years ago and had 22 strokes before and like 5 or 6 after then my mom committed suicide on March 20th of this year because she couldn't handle another chemotherapy treatment for her cancer. Dad has been doing pretty good but because of the stress of losing mom and some other family related stresses he had a mild stroke Early Monday morning. It didn't help that he also has a viral infection and an inner ear infection too. He is back at Charlie & Mary's house now recuperating. When he feels good enough to travel Charlie and Mary are going to drive him home in his truck and trailer and motorcycle he took up there but they are also going to load their motorcycle into the trailer too so when they get here and I can start taking care of him they can unload their bike and take it back home. I got to talk to him for a few minutes when they got him back home around 3 this afternoon and he seems his regular self except just a little bit goofy but you can't really tell if he was joking or really was more goofy cause he normally acts that way anyways. I don't know what I am going to do about him, I don't know how much longer he can stand being without mom, they were together 53 years, she is all he's ever known. We lost my brother to suicide in 1996, then March we lost my mom to suicide because she felt that she was going to die from the cancer anyway. Me and my dad are the only ones left besides a few aunts and uncles and like 6 cousins and all of them are out of this state. I just hate being the youngest one left in my family knowing I am probably going to have to watch every one else die off. the next closest to me in age, (I am 32), is a cousin, and he is almost 50. my parents had me late so all my family is older. Just send me prayers of strength and think about me when you can, I just have to make it through.

Oh dear, Steph9700, im so sorry to hear about your
dad! Im praying for your dad and Anne! Of course, you
are in my thoughts and prayers for strength you need
the tought times ahead dealing with your dad's and Anne's
illness.
Keep your chin up and keep up with updates!
God bless!

Oh boy, you do not need to go thru this again. Hope he is allright and nothing so serious wrong with him. Keep him in my prayer for u.

Oh my dear... I'm sorry to learn about your Dad's situation. You & your family are in my thought and heart and hope everything goes smooth for your Dad.

I am sorry about the tough times you've been going through. I hope you can find the strength within yourself to meet life’s challenges. :hug:

I am sorry to hear about your father. My prayers and thoughts to you and your family. I do hope everything will be smooth for your father.

Hang in there.

I am sorry about your dad. I hope that your dad get better soon as possible.

I was in my early 30s when I lost my mom and my dad, both gone within 3 months. I was only child. I thought I was going to die from grief.
This year is 6th anniversary of my mother's and my father's death.
After the worst thing you can imagine really happens, you get a different kind of strength to carry on with your life.
I'm thinking of you and hoping for your Dad's recovery.

Sorry about your dad :( Prayer for your dad's recovery :)

Gee, That's terrible. I hope your dad will be able to pull through this and to recover from this. Hang in there, Steph. Things will look better down the road.

I will keep your family in prayer and your dad to recover be healed. God will comfort you Steph :hug:

Charlie and Mary are going to bring him home this weekend and Mary is going to stay a couple extra days and help me get him settled in and get his meds straightened out and a list written of al lhis meds and medical history so next time something happens I can let the Dr.'s know his details. I am going to write everything down, make about 4 copies, give one each to my husband, Dad's neighbor Anne, his bitch sister Bonnie, and one to Chuck and Mary plus keep the original for myself that way regardless where he is at we can work together to keep him s comfortable as possible. I am going now to his house and straiten up a little bit and give his dog Janie a bath and take all her stuff back over there except for what she needs to stay here with me till he actually gets home. Just keep us in your prayers and thanks for all your thoughts and prayers so far.

Back