about me

likesigning78

Reaction score
hi everyone my name is Denise I am new to the sight since yesterday because of my hearing loss and wanted to talk to others like me so that I wont feel left out in the world of deafness. I was diagnosed with severe hearing loss and went completely deaf two weeks later it was the hardest thing that I ever had to go through in life so if there is anyone out there that can understand how I feel let me know how you got through yours.

:wave:...welcome aboard...as for hearing loss, (overnight) both Angel and I did and several others too....Read the forums...lots of info. about it here!

hi everyone my name is Denise I am new to the sight since yesterday because of my hearing loss and wanted to talk to others like me so that I wont feel left out in the world of deafness. I was diagnosed with severe hearing loss and went completely deaf two weeks later it was the hardest thing that I ever had to go through in life so if there is anyone out there that can understand how I feel let me know how you got through yours.

http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/62953-adjustment-late-onset-deafness.html

You will enjoy being Deaf. :)

Sorry but this is a little lacking in sensitivity.

I'm not deaf but I can empathize somewhat. I've had moderate to severe hearing bilateral loss since birth. In 2011, I had to buy new hearing aids and needed to be re-tested obviously. I found out that my right ear has dropped two pitches into profound. It was quite a moment....and scary to say the least, but the time I think I was just numb and really didn't know how to feel or react. I kept thinking about my music and languages and hearing crickets and listening to children giggling and wondering how much longer I would enjoy that. It's not something I can live without and there's not a moment I don't wear my hearing aids because I hate the silence.

I went to counseling to come to terms with the loss and what it meant and I had to speak to the management at my job since I clearly wasn't able to deal with the phone any more. It was always hard but my loss in the right ear made it now impossible, at least as far as work phones are concerned. It's a reality jolt and it forced me to upgrade my hearing aids even though I didn't have the money for it. I went ahead and just bought the best on the market and they've helped considerably.

I'm very sorry for what you're going through, but I would recommend counseling if you're open to that. It does help to talk to someone and it might help to talk to an audiologist to determine what your options are. A word of hope, we've come so far these days between hearing aids and items to assist those with hearing loss, the world is less bleak than it was for people just twenty years ago. Stay strong.

Laura

My name is Alejandra I am hearing learning ASL I am friendly and would love to meet new people :)

Welcome to AllDeaf forum! Let me know if you need help with ASL. I am deaf but raised with hearing family.

Back