A venting...

Well, sometimes one have to go thru the worst to get what their kid needs. Your child will thank you for all the hard yakka you've put into creating a correct education, and eventually give them the means to develop a future for themself.

My mother told me she've had to fight with Dept of Education to get what I need and overode their plans for me. I can assure she wasn't a popular parent at my school because she was quite outspoken on my behalf, hehe. But then she was in the minority of parents, at school, who'd advocate for their child.

Now I'm thankful she cared so much to see that I get what I needed.

By the way, you're lucky to have Jillio in your corner. Now the educators won't know what've hit them when you stand up to them and be very demanding on your kid's behalf. Good luck. :)

I am with u on that one!

Ooooh with Jillo's way of fighting, these educators better be ready to run to a corner!

No wonder Jillo is the way she is...had to fight so her son can get what he needs. I am sure it has been tough!

Now, Samanthasmom may be just starting. Makes me wonder why the educational system sometimes wants to prevent deaf kids from getting their needs fully met? No thanks to LRE!

Good luck Samanthasmom and I wish I can go down there and join u to those meetings with these teachers. Boy..I am loaded and armed! :giggle:

Thank you, Miss D. and Shel. Some would consider being called tough an insult. I personally consider it a compliment in this case. When it comes to getting our kids a fair shake in the educational system, it's no holds barred. I wish it didn't have to be that way. But as long as the system tries to get by with not providing our kids the services they deserve, it will be necessary for someone to stand up and say, "NO WAY!" I'm grateful for the support I received from the deaf community in my battles, and as a result, believe that I am obligated to give back to other parents just beginning the fight.

Thanks to all of you! I think I'm lucky to have you all as an invaluable resource. I'd love to walk through the doors of the next IEP with all of you behind me..kinda like the cell phone commercial..makes me giggle to think about!

Shel, have I missed the update on your meeting at school? I'm hoping it went better than you were expecting.

Thanks to all of you! I think I'm lucky to have you all as an invaluable resource. I'd love to walk through the doors of the next IEP with all of you behind me..kinda like the cell phone commercial..makes me giggle to think about!

Shel, have I missed the update on your meeting at school? I'm hoping it went better than you were expecting.

Oh..it was about using spoken English sometimes in our classes for small group settings not as a whole class instruction. That's fine with me..just dont want the parents demanding their children to having hearing teachers only. Thanks!

Back