A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the Shamrock!!

Had to help son with his first ever nosebleed. He was freaked!! Took 15 minutes of nose-pinching and such to get it to stop.

He's been dealing with a massive allergy attack, and then had an asthma attack. During the wheezing and taking his Albuterol, the nosebleed started. I know it's not the medicine since he's been using it for the last 10 years with his Advair.

His nosebleed is over with and he is resting now with the Playstation. He's waiting for me to cook dinner. Guess I better get to it.

Sounds like you and your son has been through alot in past 20 min.

I'm loving the Shamrock!!

Had to help son with his first ever nosebleed. He was freaked!! Took 15 minutes of nose-pinching and such to get it to stop.

He's been dealing with a massive allergy attack, and then had an asthma attack. During the wheezing and taking his Albuterol, the nosebleed started. I know it's not the medicine since he's been using it for the last 10 years with his Advair.

His nosebleed is over with and he is resting now with the Playstation. He's waiting for me to cook dinner. Guess I better get to it.

Nosebleeds are a side effect of Advair. One of the rarer ones, but it is a side effect.

His nosebleed just started again, I am off to the ER with him. Hope it's nothing serious. Will let you know when I get back.

I hope nothing's too serious, Kristina! I get nosebleeds on a regular basis due to the dry winter's air. They usually stop once the summer comes. I used to get them on an even larger scale when I was younger... I once had to get my nose coterized (sp?) That hurt. I've never had a nosebleed last 15 minutes before, though. That's not good!! :|

Tried...I was so tired at work after the students went home that my head was buzzing and I felt faint.

Wirelessly posted

I am sleepy, we did injections tonight :D

Just got home from ER. (3 hours!!)

Son's nosebleed is due to his allergies and extreme nose blowing. It started bleeding again during the car ride to the ER (good thing I had him take a bath towel) and it stopped shortly after getting to hospital. 2 more nose bleeds while there, but they had to cauterize one area and it has stopped for now. He has a prescription for Nasonex and I have to get him into see an ENT. Son just started sneezing and I about freaked out - no new nose bleeds, Praise the Good Man Above!!

The reason it took so long, there were a couple of gang shootings and we had people coming in from all over. One of the shooters that was handcuffed was only 13 years old. A total of 7 gang members were brought in each with their own sheriff's office as a guard, and then hospital security stayed in the hallway with son & I for our safety. Son wasn't too comfortable, but handled it very well. With our discharge papers, I just about cracked up. Son has 2 excuses for school for the next 2 days. He doesn't have to go to school. Doc asked why I was laughing and son was trying to laugh, I explained that I home school. He said that son was to stay clam on rest, so even though he's home schooled, he's off for 2 days. I just gave the kids this whole week off because of it. So, I guess they get Spring break after all.

Just got home from ER. (3 hours!!)

Son's nosebleed is due to his allergies and extreme nose blowing. It started bleeding again during the car ride to the ER (good thing I had him take a bath towel) and it stopped shortly after getting to hospital. 2 more nose bleeds while there, but they had to cauterize one area and it has stopped for now. He has a prescription for Nasonex and I have to get him into see an ENT. Son just started sneezing and I about freaked out - no new nose bleeds, Praise the Good Man Above!!

The reason it took so long, there were a couple of gang shootings and we had people coming in from all over. One of the shooters that was handcuffed was only 13 years old. A total of 7 gang members were brought in each with their own sheriff's office as a guard, and then hospital security stayed in the hallway with son & I for our safety. Son wasn't too comfortable, but handled it very well. With our discharge papers, I just about cracked up. Son has 2 excuses for school for the next 2 days. He doesn't have to go to school. Doc asked why I was laughing and son was trying to laugh, I explained that I home school. He said that son was to stay clam on rest, so even though he's home schooled, he's off for 2 days. I just gave the kids this whole week off because of it. So, I guess they get Spring break after all.

Did they tell you one of the big side effects of Nasonex is nosebleeds?

You seem to have run into lots of bad doctors where you are.

Wirelessly posted

Kristina, sorry to hear about your son. I sure hope he will be fine.

Wirelessly posted

Kristina, sorry to hear about your son. I sure hope he will be fine.

He should be fine. The doc thinks I may just need a better allergy medicine for him that will not react with his asthma meds. He also needs to take those daily. (He doesn't like the taste of the Advair.)

Did they tell you one of the big side effects of Nasonex is nosebleeds?

You seem to have run into lots of bad doctors where you are.

They never mentioned the side effects of the Nasonex. I guess I better check with our primary care before we fill the prescription. Thanks for letting me know. :ty:

hello Aders.. I'm back! ;) was out all day soo. sup with you people? :cool2: on other hand.. have a a happy hump wednesday.. ;)

:wave: just woke up and I'm having a bad heartburn-like symptom... or indigestion. I pigged out earlier on italian food, knowing that it's gonna bite back later on.

fam_pepto_bismol_liquid_8_oz-5715.jpg

is nice.

His nosebleed just started again, I am off to the ER with him. Hope it's nothing serious. Will let you know when I get back.

He might have thin skin in his nose. I have had nosebleeds ALOT. One time I had to go to the ER to have my nose cauterized. I still have them since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back