a suggestion for a new catorary in forum

SpiceHD

Reaction score
why dont we have alcoholic anonymous here? or narcotics anonymous?

the problem is people may come in and make fun of us or provoke us or something so maybe you may want to make it secured one...

just a thought.

why dont we have alcoholic anonymous here? or narcotics anonymous?

the problem is people may come in and make fun of us or provoke us or something so maybe you may want to make it secured one...

just a thought.

There are support forums elsewhere? I am on two of them as a result of what happened last winter-- eep. There are numerous support forums out there for all sort of problems, and all of them are accepting of different people. You just need to look around to see which one "click" with you.

What about creating a thread that relates to this issue instead of creating a new category?

The reason I'm throwing this in is because at this point, we don't know how many are needed in order to refute to this.

It also could be secured by being in the Adults Only Forum.

Why not just make your own group and people can join?

IMHO - bad idea
the key word in both AA or NA is Anonymous. private stuff shouldn't go on the internet for the world to read. it can even end up on google search. nope

and Jolie77, while I view the who's online list i've seen minors viewing the Adults Only Section. that is not "secure"

IMHO - bad idea
the key word in both AA or NA is Anonymous. private stuff shouldn't go on the internet for the world to read. it can even end up on google search. nope

and Jolie77, while I view the who's online list i've seen minors viewing the Adults Only Section. that is not "secure"

I've hesitated to reply to the thread, but I also don't think this is a good idea. I agree with Dennis wholeheartedly, but also, we've already seen people try to turn AD into a mental health forum with discussing in great details their mental illnesses. We've even had an "intervention" and on here and other drama. I don't think these things are appropriate for an online forum. Real support for such things is best left to real life support groups.

I've hesitated to reply to the thread, but I also don't think this is a good idea. I agree with Dennis wholeheartedly, but also, we've already seen people try to turn AD into a mental health forum with discussing in great details their mental illnesses. We've even had an "intervention" and on here and other drama. I don't think these things are appropriate for an online forum. Real support for such things is best left to real life support groups.

right.
So they would get a proper help than this forum. Internet is not completey safe.

exactly!

*nods* the problem is finding deaf AA meetings in real life is not easy. i found 2 but they are so far... about a hour away and i have a kid so that makes it even harder to attend..

perhaps if you made a group or thread the advertises to PM you. then everyone meets in an invitation only chatroom. keep out lurkers as well. make it like a private club, where you know who everyone joins the chat.

*nods* the problem is finding deaf AA meetings in real life is not easy. i found 2 but they are so far... about a hour away and i have a kid so that makes it even harder to attend..

There are AA/NA meetings online . Do a google search and you can find one. If you want, I can do a search and PM you with a link?

Back