• maybe

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • no opinion

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJCSue

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a second degree from GU. What would you do?

i would totally! i really think that while some support sytems are good, most of them aren't good for dhh people. like they usually consist of minimal accomondations. in which case dhh students have to work harder to learn adn can't relax and passively learn. maybe if you went to gally, you'd do way better academicly. plus it would be a great way to become fluent in asl and build connections in the deaf community!

Sure why not..if u have the time and energy for it, go for it! :)

maybe if you went to gally, you'd do way better academicly. plus it would be a great way to become fluent in asl and build connections in the deaf community!

I want to be a social worker for the deaf! So I would definitely need the ASL fluency.

Sure why not..if u have the time and energy for it, go for it! :)

I may take a year off once I have my first degree, so I may save up the money. Plus, my parents are planning to take a trip to Cancun in spring.

In the long run you will be more competitive in the job market, have more job opportunities to choose from, and make more money if you get a master's degree instead of a second bachelor's. Plus it's only two years, not four!

I'm with interpretrator on this one. Why don't you look into a master's in social work from GU? The master's would qualify you for your LSW, and would increase your earning power. Plus the 2-3 years at Gally working on your master's will give you the ASL exposure you want.

Gallaudet University!

Ohhh, that is.... Thank for explaining!

yes, why not!! If you have energy, then go to there.
I am going to get a Associate degree for technical engineering at SJSU, then get a Bachelor degree. I hope so I can thru with a bachelor. let see me what happen! :)

I want to be a social worker for the deaf! So I would definitely need the ASL fluency.

Why not shoot for a Master's in it instead? After that is the Ph.D and you should go for it!

Who says that my second degree needs to be in Social Work? I could get a second bachelor's in pyschology or Deaf Studies. I know I said that I wanted to be a Social Worker for the deaf.

Back