A quote from Dalai Lama

inochi

Reaction score
I happened to read a bit about Dalai Lama and found one of his quote to be very inspiring. I'd like to share it with you.

He said, ” Everyday, think as you wake up, ‘today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others, I am going to benefit others as much as I can.’ “

It is a very good philosophy to aspire to live by.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

There's always a gem that you can get from one human existence. The Dalai Lama's message does not conflict with a philosophy that seeks to destroy. So sad to be in exile.

Last edited:
I agree. When I read the quote from both of these people, makes me wonder how many of us truly lead a life like that?

Very few can do that, though many may aspire to.
For me, all I can do is try my best to, and I will continue trying until I am doing, and then I will do. :)

I agree. When I read the quote from both of these people, makes me wonder how many of us truly lead a life like that?

Society makes it very difficult for me to lead a life like that but I do strive for what I can do in my own capacity and practice what I preach. Granted I slip and make mistakes but I try to acknowledge and keep improving myself. I believe that every one of us is capable of becoming enlightened if we keep our minds open.

Eleanor Roosevelt is an easier act for me to follow as she was a flawed human being but strived for fulfilling her most potential.

Back