A question, mostly curious.

JoshieTheMan

Reaction score
If you are deaf. Use sign language (ASL, SSE) to meet new person. And the new person isn't deaf, is hearing yet no experience in sign language, which completely no knowledge in sign language. How would you communicate with that person? It's not like you're going to carry paper and pen everywhere you go. Because you might just ended up meeting a stranger who think that are very attractive and don't have paper and pen with you at the moment.

As uncool as that seems, I think deaf folks like that ought to begin getting into the habit of having pen and paper ready.

I talk to them and tell them to face me so I can read their lips otherwise it will be a lost cause.

I'm not deaf so I'm not claiming any knowledge here, but I thought with today's technology (pagers, blackberries etc), carting around pen and paper would be unnecessary. :scratch:

I could be wrong, though.

I wish be happy smile I am enjoy single. I am happy wish be singles. I like singles sometimes I am happy sound great to happy hear sound great. :wave:

I agree Travis. Being single is not all bad. You must be happy with yourself before you can be happy with someone else.

I have experienced one late last year = EPIC FAIL

As a hearing person I can only say that I haven’t met any deaf person… at least not that I know of ;)

I’m also not sure what I would expect him/her to do to let me know, but I would guess that pointing towards the ears and shrugging would make me understand that they can’t hear what I am saying. I’m also a person who always carries her agenda around. I’m not all too much into technology so no PDA for me :giggle: So that would erase problems we might have if the person knows how to read English, French or German that is!

JamieLynn

Well - a girl I met was a hearing girl I unexpectedly met from the cafe just around the corner, and I have dated her twice, and she left with no reason explained. Never heard from her. But fuck it, I don't care.

There are special tricks...if this person is special enough, then you both will find ways to communicate. ;)

Back