A question about VP

Mechanical

Reaction score
I have a question about video phones. Is there a way to use the internet with a webcam to talk to someone with a VP? My dad has a Sorenson VP, but, I can't afford one right now, so I want to know if I can just use my webcam for talking to him. I did hear somewhere someone using this method, but don't know what they did for it.

I have a question about video phones. Is there a way to use the internet with a webcam to talk to someone with a VP? My dad has a Sorenson VP, but, I can't afford one right now, so I want to know if I can just use my webcam for talking to him. I did hear somewhere someone using this method, but don't know what they did for it.

Are you hearing impaired ? Do you have high speed internet?

Yes any webcam software that use H323 protocol and call to your dad using his IP Address.

Or you can download one of the VRS software like P3 or Viable etc and call your dad using point-to-point IP Address.

If you are hearing with deaf parents, I think Sorenson will install VP in CODA home too so you might email Sorenson and ask them if CODA quaifited for VP.

I heard Viable has a free download that turns a webcam into a VP. I have not tried it myself yet. I believe it is called "viable vision". If you try it, can you share how well it works?

Back