A question about vibrating baby monitors?

November Gypsy

Reaction score
Hullo! I am a hard-of-hearing mommy of a five-month-old beautiful baby girl. Since my hearing loss is progressing, I am finding that I simply cannot hear my baby unless I'm right next to her, and even then it is extremely muted. We just moved her into her own room (she had been sleeping with me) last night...but my husband won't be able to sleep with me if we don't find a way for me to know she's crying. (I'm not going to do the cry-it-out thing yet). He needs unbroken sleep. Does anyone know where I can find a reliable vibrating monitor? I can't use the flash kind because it will wake up my husband. I know there are kinds where you buy the reciever and the signaler. but I don't understand all that. I've tried to and I'm not getting anywhere. Can someone please help me? Thanks so much! :P

I had one from Fisher-Price...not sure if they still sell those are not. Check it out. :)

they are out tier and rather cheep as I understand , you should know the cry it out thing is a really really bad thing made up buy a man with no medical training and he is estranged by all of his kids. lat time I was at a big box baby store i saw vibrating and flashing ones for about $60 i think it was something like babies R us , i did do a google and found a few promising results
vibrating baby monitor - Google Search

I found this website for you

Shop Baby Cry Signalers for deaf and hard of hearing

Not sure if that is much of help because I'm a hearie :shrug:

If this is not what you are looking for, I'm sure somebody else here will be able to help you :D

JamieLynn

Thanks so much! I'll check it out for sure. Hearie. Ah, I used to be one of those...they aren't so bad. :wink:. Seriously, thank you so much!

they are out tier and rather cheep as I understand , you should know the cry it out thing is a really really bad thing made up buy a man with no medical training and he is estranged by all of his kids. lat time I was at a big box baby store i saw vibrating and flashing ones for about $60 i think it was something like babies R us , i did do a google and found a few promising results
vibrating baby monitor - Google Search

Thanks! I really appriecate you taking the time to google that for me. I'll have a look at that too, and I'll check out Babies R Us. As for the crying out, I have no desire to do it. My hubby and I don't see eye to eye on that. Sigh. But we aren't going to do it yet in any case. Thanks and take care!

Thanks so much! I'll check it out for sure. Hearie. Ah, I used to be one of those...they aren't so bad. :wink: . Seriously, thank you so much!

:giggle: Well I'm always willing to help ;)

Kateweb found some amazing results just googling it :roll: Sometimes I wonder what I would do nowadays without this amazing online search engine :giggle:

And about the crying out thing... please don't do that! That's just plain awful for the baby!

JamieLynn

Try googling deaf products. Harris Communications (based in Minnesota right where I live) has a full array of products. I've always ordered my alarm clock / vibrators there and they do carry baby vibrating monitors there. The bed vibrators are quite effective (but it might wake your husband as well!)

I solemnly promise not to let her cry-it-out. As I said, I have no stomache for the thing, but my hubby is of a different mind. Hopefully, he'll come around. It would help if the doctor didn't think it was a good idea! Grrrr. I like her about most things...but she's encouraging this thing, and it makes my skin crawl to think of it.

Back