A Question About Medicaid ...

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does Medicaid covers for ear molds for hearing aids?...or am I responsible for them?, I'm very much aware that most Medicaid covers cochlear implants and not hearing aids, but I wasn't sure about ear molds...:dunno:

for your check u can ask them but mainly yes hearing aids and molds are covered by medi caid, whilist, batteries u gotta fork over the money

Every state is different. You may need to check with Audiologist to be sure. My Medicaid did covered for hearing aids. Also batteries but they stopped covering it. I dunno why.

Ear mold is probably about 40 to 50 dollars, but I could be wrong on the price.

i think medicaid do cover ear molds and hearing aids... but if you're over 18, they're not covered. you have to use your own money or go to your vocational rehabilitation and see if you can get a free one from them. I got my free digital hearing aids from my VRS recently.

if you're under 18, it does cover.

depends on your state!

intersting about this of medicaid hmm

here have to pay yes but ADP dont know what stand are for that can pay half price or something I cant remember havent use ADP for a while so maybe I think who live in Ontario here know about it even GalaxyAngel know? dunno sorry lol :lol:

i think medicaid do cover ear molds and hearing aids... but if you're over 18, they're not covered. you have to use your own money or go to your vocational rehabilitation and see if you can get a free one from them. I got my free digital hearing aids from my VRS recently.

depends on your state!

Yes it's same here in Germany.

All healthy insurances cover everything to 100% for CI, no matter what... HA costs are cover for patients from 0 to 18 years old except ear mold and batteries. It bothers me total because healthy insurance support CI fully than HA which is not right, that's how it make parents go for CI more and more. I wish healthy insurance treat CI and HA equal.

Angel, I would suggest you to check with officer of medicard about this.

:hmm: ...

I spoke to a good friend of mine last night on aims, shes from the same state as I am, she said her Medicaid does pay for hearing aids and ear molds, I'll call an Audiologist near my area to see if hearing aids and ear molds are cover by Medicaid, also she did told me that some doctors office may not take Medicaid :dunno:

I hear you Liebling, I don't understand it either myself why cochlear implants are cover by Medicaid but not hearing aids...I thought hearing aids were a lot cheaper than cochlear implants ....:hmm:

Thanks girls....

Ontario,Canada: Whoever cannot afford any cost supplies of Deaf Device and will come w/ADP coverage cost half of percent the rate. Rest of left the balance you have pull your pocket out of money and to pay for it..

Hearing aid or ci does not 100% coverage. Depends on the insurance coverage where can afford pay coverage their companies percentage rate.
ADP can willing cover it for you small percentage but depend qualifiedly your income geared.
Heath Card can cover for you when you're taking Audiologist test.
That is it!

ADP already turned down to my husband because his income really extreme highest. *Damn it*

He will talk w/his insurance company and to see if possible can coverage his plan.

If low income geared: ADP will coverage it for you average 70 to 80% and rest of your left money and to pay for it.

Weird Ontario, Canada system!

:hmm: ...

I hear you Liebling, I don't understand it either myself why cochlear implants are cover by Medicaid but not hearing aids...I thought hearing aids were a lot cheaper than cochlear implants ....:hmm:

Yes I second that...

As far as I know the reason why Health Insurance support CI fully because they beleive CI is the best techonolgy to help deaf children with hear and speech development than HA.

Ontario,Canada: Whoever cannot afford any cost supplies of Deaf Device and will come w/ADP coverage cost half of percent the rate. Rest of left the balance you have pull your pocket out of money and to pay for it..

Hearing aid or ci does not 100% coverage. Depends on the insurance coverage where can afford pay coverage their companies percentage rate.
ADP can willing cover it for you small percentage but depend qualifiedly your income geared.
Heath Card can cover for you when you're taking Audiologist test.
That is it!

ADP already turned down to my husband because his income really extreme highest. *Damn it*

He will talk w/his insurance company and to see if possible can coverage his plan.

If low income geared: ADP will coverage it for you average 70 to 80% and rest of your left money and to pay for it.

Weird Ontario, Canada system!

Really? wow !

I thought Canada Social System is the same as Germany.

Here in Germany, Health insurance support CI to 100% without check their income because they beleive it's mainly important to help deaf people develop with speech and hear skill.

Medicaid did cover for my hearing needs in NJ in the past. :thumb:

My 4 year old daughter wears hearing aids. It was covered when she first got the hearing aids but, as she grows she has to redo the molds and it wasn't covered. I had to pay $100 to get her new ones. Good luck!

depends on your state!

yup u are right abt that.. i wish still alive

I have Medicaid.. When I had HA, it covered for both of them... and earmolds.
And if I wanted a new earmolds made, I have to give my audi the ear molds I was wearing..till the new one come.I dunno why.. And if my hearing aids break... I will have to pay to get them repair.. Medicaid won't cover for it. Medicaid will only let me get new HA 4 years later if I want a new one. My dog chew up my hearing aid for right ear... ii couldn't afford to pay to get them repair.. So I'll have to wait 4 years later for medicaid to cover it again.
It is so stupid. But thanks god I don't need HA anymore since I have CI.

i live in same state as u and medicaid/medicare does cover for ear molds... i think more of medicaid not medicare. im considering of getting one myself for CI.

Back