A Petition...

SCBassist

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

This is a test to show how conditioned people have become to the alarmists practicing junk science and spreading fear of everything in our environment.

For instance, suppose I persuaded you to sign a petition demanding strict control or total elimination of the chemical "dihydrogen monoxide." And for plenty of good reasons, since it can:
1. cause excessive sweating and vomiting
2. it is a major component in acid rain
3. it can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
4. accidental inhalation can kill you
5. it contributes to erosion
6. it decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
7. it has been found in tumors of terminal cancer patients

With these facts known, would you support a ban of the chemical dihydrogen monoxide?

The chemical petitioned against was... an unofficial chemical term for water.

So, how gullible are people becoming? The conclusion is obvious.

:shock: sad to say but its the truth.

I was lead to believe it was something dangerous and horrible. But the thing was being proposed is the same very thing that life would not be here without.

Borrowed this, and used it for my todays status. LOL.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

They forgot to put that label on my bottle of Smartwater :shock:

Babyblue did put this on her fb status.

Last edited:
I remember reading about this a couple years ago.

It's funny how you can persuade people to sign something if you say it just right.

I remember talking about this in a statistics class at RIT. The teacher mentioned that just about anyone can be persuaded to sign a petition if the question is stated just correctly.

Back