A new type of CI

Felquish

Reaction score
Hi! I have one cochlear on my left side. I have always wanted another processor for my right side but I can't do surgery and go through the whole process again. I had meningitis as an infant and unfortunately the bones in my ear have completely enveloped my cochlea. :(

What do you guys think of a CI that wouldn't have a headpiece (ideally), just a wire that would cover run across the back of one's head? The wire would be external.

You arent looking for a CI, but a Cros Aid or something asking those lines. If you have AB, I think there is a good chance that they will roll that out due to the Phonak partnership.

AB users also have a choice of a longer headpiece cable that let's you switch the processor to the other ear as needed.

You arent looking for a CI, but a Cros Aid or something asking those lines. If you have AB, I think there is a good chance that they will roll that out due to the Phonak partnership.

AB users also have a choice of a longer headpiece cable that let's you switch the processor to the other ear as needed.

Cochlear also makes the long cable for the coil to put processor on opposite side

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Really?
Where can I find more about this?

Last edited:
Back