A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

How about something like this?

Honda : Gold Wing | eBay

I have an 81 GL 1100 sitting in parts in my basement "shop" right now.

I took this video today when I took my Yamaha Virago on its real trial test run. I got the insurance and tag last Thursday:

City of Ball Ground, Georgia

how I "improvised" the camera:

camera.jpg

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/new...ign=Feed:+AsphaltandRubber+(Asphalt+&+Rubber)

MSF Graduates 6,000,000th Student

7retweet
MON, SEPTEMBER 19TH, 2011 @ 9:11 AM, BY JENSEN BEELER5 COMMENTS
HOME » NEWS » MSF GRADUATES 6,000,000TH STUDENT

The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) recently graduated its six millionth RiderCourse student (can we get a collective A&R booyah!). WIth over 10,000 coaches and 2,000 locations, MSF has been helping make new riders into competent motorcyclists since 1973, and partners with Federal, state, and military groups in providing basic motorcycle skills to new riders.
Though known best for its introductory course, MSF offers 23 different RiderCourses designed to meet the requirements and needs of riders of any skill level.
Training more than a handful of Asphalt & Rubber writers in the art of two-wheel transportation, we’d like to give the Motorcycle Safety Foundation a special congratulations and thank you for all its hard work. Post up in the comments if you too have been through an MSF course.
Source: Motorcycle Safety Foundation

Go MSF!

I should have taken snapshots of Lake Melvern, KS area while I was riding motorcycle last Summer. BUT it was cloudy and drizzly at that time. I may plan on going to Pomona Lake, KS on motorcycle soon in next week or so. Deaf pokers gathering at camp. I don't play poker but just want to chat and funs.

Catty

I am going to modify my Suzuki Volusia very soon. Although, I dropped 2 inches on rear with longer "dogbone". I planned to experiment drop to 3 to 3 1/2 inches if it doesn't bottom out under rear fender. My friend have all tools to make "adjustable " dogbone so I don't have to remove entirely to swap dogbone, Just remove upper bolt and move one hole to another and lower or raise the swingarm to match the hole for bolt to fit in. Make job easy.

A Width of your "1st" finger can drop from stock height to 3 inches. I have to be careful drilling measured and punched hole so I won't slam the rear just drilled 1/8th inch off the hole center. It did happend on my first time drilling my own "dogbone" and ending up slamming my Volusa's rear. My son love it and it's kinda like sitting on kid's tricycle. My bike can move if not sat on but if I sat on it, rear tire would grip the inner box under the fender and it won't move the bike. I slammed it too low and realized that it's more than 4 inches drop!!

Also I am going to do modification on Foward Control (pegs, clutch pedal, and brake pedal). I am going to move it 3 1/2 inches foward so I can strreeeacchh my legs!! It is the easiest to do. I have to find 10mm threaded tube for clutch pedal connector to extend 3 1/2 inches. I have to buy longer 1/2 inches x 25 inches rod so my friend can cut and weld end "U" shaped brake connector and couple of little pegs for springs to latch on.

After Foward Control modified, It would raise pegs 1 inches higher which means less scraping and a bit more leaner turns while having lowered rear.

OF COURSE! I would adjust rear monoshock spring to stiffer position.

It's lot cheaper than purchasing Foward Control kit which runs around $125 to $180.

Here's the site for Volusia or Boulevard kit.
Custom Lowering bones and forward controls for Volusias and Boulevard C50

Catty

A few days ago a friend chuckled about losing control over some gravel on a road. :shock:
That a problem with you guys?

A few days ago a friend chuckled about losing control over some gravel on a road. :shock:
That a problem with you guys?

nope. he's well and alive. that's more important :)

nope. he's well and alive. that's more important :)

Yep. Gravel does cause problems, though. I knew yet another guy who told me that once he was behind a car stopped on a gravel road. The driver of the car stepped on the gas, spinning a lot of gravel onto him. He positioned his cycle next to the driver's door (so he couldn't get out) and had some choice words for him. The driver slid over and got out of the passenger side door and was preparing to punch him out. My friend walloped him with his helmet and then punched him "as hard as he could." The fight was over then and there. I only mention this because the guy was twice as big as he was. :lol:

Yep. Gravel does cause problems, though. I knew yet another guy who told me that once he was behind a car stopped on a gravel road. The driver of the car stepped on the gas, spinning a lot of gravel onto him. He positioned his cycle next to the driver's door (so he couldn't get out) and had some choice words for him. The driver slid over and got out of the passenger side door and was preparing to punch him out. My friend walloped him with his helmet and then punched him "as hard as he could." The fight was over then and there. I only mention this because the guy was twice as big as he was. :lol:

that reminds me of this video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXv-EmAoPFE]Russia Road Rage - YouTube[/ame]

When I was 19 I wiped out on sugar sand and later, on gravel while making a 5 mph turn. I get more nervous making slow turns than I do high speed turns.

Back