A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

I installed mine using the existing wires and mount from the old horn. Just added the additional wire via the relay. That way it was still fuse protected. I understand what you went through since you put it up front. :lol: That kind of horn should be standard on all bikes.

I was walking front of the semi-truck and my coworker was honk the air horn and HURT my left ear ever I am Deaf. I was yelled at coworker that I can HEAR that and don't do that again!

I was walking front of the semi-truck and my coworker was honk the air horn and HURT my left ear ever I am Deaf. I was yelled at coworker that I can HEAR that and don't do that again!

The Bad Boy airhorn is lot less loud than Semi-tractor airhorn. It only emits 119 db. I do hear it on my left horn and it's not too loud but for hearing people, itll be too loud.

Catty

Yesterday I just got spotlight/turnsignal, VISE phone holder (similar to RAM), and LED Accent lights with remote control.

My BIG issue is that the Spotlight bracket didn't fit my bike. BUT it turned out that I have to make extra bracket in order to secure the Spotlight bracket and bolt it to under fork where it holds Headlight bracket. I contacted Seller about it. They will provide me instruction because they sell Spotlight for all motorcycle including mine so apparently it requires mechanically inclined person like me to make modifications. I don't have problem with it. Even as soon as shipment arrived at my house, I took out two spotlights and made a real quick modifications to accommodate 7 watts Cree LEDs which are tall bulbs. Originally, both spotlights had "BA9S" type bulb which is a little round bulb with similiar 1156 type base. IT looked wimpy to me. I use Dremel round stone grinder that fits the hole and grinded plastic stops until I punched through to other end. So that the socket will go deeper. I've tested both spotlights with Cree bulbs. It's bright and can't wait to use it.

I installed VISE phone mount on middle of handlebar. My phone is secured to its base and it's ready to go.

Lastly, I planned to install LED Accent lighting system. Actually I have 5 pods and 5 bars (short bars with 4 leds), 3 "Y" connector, 4 long connectors, 2 remote controls, LED control box with 6 connectors sticking out. It have options of 7 colors, 5 functions, and speeds. It may sound like overkill. Actually, I went to CycleGears and Shawnee Motorcycle Shop, It only sells one color sets like 2 Blue pods for $24 and sets like 4 pods and 2 bars for $89. It only provide Blue, Red, Green, Purple and White that's all. I can't make up my mind which I wanted and gave up. I decided to check Ebay to see if there are any more for less. It turned out that Accent Light set with everything plus 7 colors that you can change via Remote control for $57 with free Sh/H. from Canada :hmm: I went for it and got it yesterday. I rigged everything together and used my 12vdc power supply for a test run. MY kids including my daughter's boyfriend saw it and they said it's so cool. They love it. I fiddle around remote control to change color, functions and speed. It's so nice! it even turn off or on via remote too.

Reason for this is because I wanted CAGERS to see me at night and not to run me over like Driver did nearly month ago!!. I am fully aware that State law that you cannot use flashing accent light, only steady lights allowed and as long as it don't blind anyone. Which means I can just change color depending on my mood :giggle: I felt better to have different color options than being stuck just one color. Also I "dehuffied" my motorcycle recently ( round "Huffy" reflector removed).

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0405.jpg

IMAG0408.jpg

IMAG0411.jpg

IMAG0412.jpg

IMAG0416.jpg

IMAG0417.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0396.jpg

Vise Phone holder
IMAG0395.jpg

Catty

Reason for this is because I wanted CAGERS to see me at night and not to run me over like Driver did nearly month ago!!. I am fully aware that State law that you cannot use flashing accent light, only steady lights allowed and as long as it don't blind anyone. Which means I can just change color depending on my mood :giggle: I felt better to have different color options than being stuck just one color. Also I "dehuffied" my motorcycle recently ( round "Huffy" reflector removed) Catty

In SC, the authorities have similar concerns with colored lights so I just don't use solid blue. I do use the flashing multi-colors when riding at night for safety, but only on the slowest changes so a not to attract too much attention. The police look over at me but don't seem concerned. :cool2:

In SC, the authorities have similar concerns with colored lights so I just don't use solid blue. I do use the flashing multi-colors when riding at night for safety, but only on the slowest changes so a not to attract too much attention. The police look over at me but don't seem concerned. :cool2:

Video please?

I got a Photobucket account for TCS, and uploaded the video to there. I want to put the url for the video here but the url includes TCS's real name. How do you post the video without revealing the source?

I got a Photobucket account for TCS, and uploaded the video to there. I want to put the url for the video here but the url includes TCS's real name. How do you post the video without revealing the source?

I have Photobucket and I signed up with my email address and my blog screenname. When I posted the photo on blogs, It won't show up my real name anyway. you can always delete it if his real name shows up.

Give his photo a try on next post below me :rofl:

Catty

This has been around but I thought I would share it again:

The Heart Surgeon and the Motorcycle Mechanic

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a motorcycle when he spotted a well known heart surgeon in his shop. The surgeon was there waiting for the service manager to come take a look at his bike. The mechanic shouted across the garage,

"Hey Doc, can I ask you a question?"

The surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the motorcycle. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked,

"So, Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take valves out, fix 'em, put 'em back in and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a small salary and you get the really big bucks, when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over and whispered to the mechanic ...

"Try doing it with the engine running!"

This has been around but I thought I would share it again:

The Heart Surgeon and the Motorcycle Mechanic

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a motorcycle when he spotted a well known heart surgeon in his shop. The surgeon was there waiting for the service manager to come take a look at his bike. The mechanic shouted across the garage,

"Hey Doc, can I ask you a question?"

The surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the motorcycle. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked,

"So, Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take valves out, fix 'em, put 'em back in and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a small salary and you get the really big bucks, when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over and whispered to the mechanic ...

"Try doing it with the engine running!"

:lol:

oh snap! good one!

It's time to store motorcycle in garage or cover it with blanket and pillow :rofl: , Temperature is dropping to 30's and snow is coming soon. I bet we all know routine which is plug float charger to battery, put in fuel stabilizer in, and even do some lubrication on drivetrain and other stuff to store it.

My Volusia will need shaft drive lubrication soon so I will be taking apart the end drive shaft in order to access the shaft end to lubricate with Molybdenum grease and also the end drive teeth which mesh with wheel drive teeth. So that it will keep it from getting shaft drive teeth rounded.

I modified the float charger (from Harbor Freight tools for $5) by cutting off the clamps and soldered the offset socket so that it can plug into motorcycle offset socket that connected to battery (it was originally was a Battery Tender charger kit that owner installed but did not give me Battery Tender when I bought the bike and wire with offset socket was still there so why not use it). I have learned that we should not leave it charging too long or else Lead Acid battery would get dried up and ruined. Even my float charger would automatically shut off once charge voltage reached to maximum, I would still unplug it a week of floating charge.

Catty

wow! be careful and be always mindful of your side carrier!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ec6nOxLL60]How to crash a Yamaha FJR 1300 - YouTube[/ame]

Hmm :hmm: that worth considering an option if my friend screws up Deer hunting trip. I'm good Archer and may plan to get Compound Bow :giggle:

I bet he'll have a year worth of deer hamburgers :rofl:

Catty

Must be one of those "southern" deers. A "northern" one would probably keep the front end off the ground.

This afternoon I installed the glass beads in my tires. I did remember to remove the old lead weights. :lol:

No difference in the rear ride, but, the front smoothed out quite a bit. I had the dealer re-check my front wheel balance a little over a year ago and they said it was balanced. :mad:

Going on a 150 miler tomorrow a.m. That will be a good test.

Thanks for the tip.

This afternoon I installed the glass beads in my tires. I did remember to remove the old lead weights. :lol:

No difference in the rear ride, but, the front smoothed out quite a bit. I had the dealer re-check my front wheel balance a little over a year ago and they said it was balanced. :mad:

Going on a 150 miler tomorrow a.m. That will be a good test.

Thanks for the tip.

Glass Beads?? Is that Dynabeads you using or what? I use Dynabeads which are ceramic beads. I bought it from motorcycle dealer and it works like wonder. Also is your tires tubed or tubeless. If it is Tubeless, you might want to check to see if there something sticky inside center wall of tire. Sometime manufacture sprays sticky substance "strip" around inner middle tire which causes beads to stick and won't be able to balance wheel automatically while spinning.

My motorcycle uses tubed tires and I put in Dynabeads into air valve inlet and screw the valve back on. It works like a wonder, no more "hoppy" feeling and no more vibration on motorcycle except engine. It felt so NIICCEE!!! Slicky smooth!

So check and find out what you have on your tires.

Catty

Back