A Little Nervous

JamieDoll

Reaction score
So i will say i have never really fit in anywhere in my life, Im not really sure how to go about this because for people hard of hearing get offended easily i have noticed. When it comes to someone like me, I was not born def but for some reason unknow the doctors cant figure out what the issues is but every 4-5 years i lose great mounts of hearing right now my right side is 92 percent ef and my left is 86 percent def. So i still have some hearing. Which is diffcult for me because The reason of this is from abuse.. Im a Terminally Ill 27 soon to be 28 year old female. I really know nothing about being def and as i grow nearer and nearer and pray for god to let me keep my hearing since i wasnt born this way and love music and hearing people. Its very difficult for me. I can only imagine how it is for those born this way. I dont know much I have a service dog that helps me some his name is cooper and hes a papillion. I try to tell people to leave him alone but they always think im being mean and shouting at them when i talk normally loud -sighs- Hes in service the vest and tags are there, and yet people bombard and want to pet him anyhow and if i say something im the bad guy. I havent learned any sign language because no one i know uses it. Not only that up where i live if you are doing stuff with your hands while driving people will shoot at you even on the streets they think your doing gang signs and want to kill you. So it scares me plus i have short term memory since i have brain damage and no one is willing enough to repeat over and over and help me. Plus i get so fustrated with my ASD Im not really accepted much in the Hearing world and in the Def world not at all as far as things have come. Because i dont know sign laungage and since i wasnt born this way its like people here are against you. Its bad enough i had to struggle my whole life and fight my whole life and now im terminally ill with multiple problems do to it.. But i feel even more alone since i cant study or learn this stuff and phones are starting to become a issue and i live alone. Everything has become a hassle...its so depressing and im not sure where to go or what to do. So i just ignore people and stay to myself. When i meet someone in games or online and they end up wanting to talk they hang up and call names then tell other people to not talk to me. Im not asking for anyone to feel bad or sorry for me. Im just wondering if there is actually someone out there that would be willing to talk or help me out.. Because i am so lost. and im sorry im not good with writing or spelling which will make things harder probably.. and being a person who mixes up letters as well dont help

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 27
What terminal illness do you have?

What is your expected lifespan?

It takes at least seven years to fluency in ASL.

:welcome:

I'm very sorry for all that you're experiencing right now. I hope that you can find the help that you need.

I realize that you have spelling problems but you might want to practice spelling "deaf." If you want future contact with the Deaf community, you want to be taken seriously and not unintentionally offend anyone.

The service dog problem is a common one. People are ignorant and thoughtless.

If you do learn to sign, don't sign while driving those streets and you should be fine.

Cute picture of you and your dog. :)

:welcome:

I'm very sorry for all that you're experiencing right now. I hope that you can find the help that you need.

I realize that you have spelling problems but you might want to practice spelling "deaf." If you want future contact with the Deaf community, you want to be taken seriously and not unintentionally offend anyone.

The service dog problem is a common one. People are ignorant and thoughtless.

If you do learn to sign, don't sign while driving those streets and you should be fine.

Cute picture of you and your dog. :)

I agree with you about the service dog , I had this happen to me a lot and I gotten into arguments with people that got 'mad' me b/c they could NOT pet my hearing dog.
To the OP you can buy a patch that say don't pat dog he/she working" or write it on the vest. I hope you'll stick around and try to made more posts so you'll be able to PM people if you want to talk in private to only one person.
I think you need 10 posted to able to PM someone. I like your dog and :wave:
Welcome !

Welcome

I am sorry about the problems that you are having. In regards to your service dog, federal and state laws protect YOU and YOUR DOG not the the people around you. The only time the laws don't protect you, are if your dog is agressive and/or out of your control. In some state interfering with a service dog is a misdemeanor and depending on what the person has done, it could be considered felony assault. The Reason for this that under the federal laws which lay out what a service dog is and what it does, your dog is a "piece of medical equipment" and is equivlent to a wheelchair, hearing aids, crutches etcetera. I also have a papillon as a service dog and I unde what you are going through. Often times people start trying to stop me because they want to pet my dog, her vest is orange (thankfully most people don't know that orange is the "universal" color for a hearing dog)and thus very visible, I've learned to just keep walking, I can hear them anyway and when that doesn't work I get management and security and when needed, the police. Good luck!

I hope that you make some good friends on here. We may not solve your problems but having someone to talk to and root for you always helps. :)

Back