A little bit about me :)

S0rceress0

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh1zaUjPwgQ]YouTube - ASL2&3.wmv[/ame]

Any authentic criticism welcome :)

Hey Linda. You are doing fine. My criticism centers on background and clothing.

No clutter like a plain wall, and long sleeve plain dark shirt are best for making ASL videos.

No clutter like a plain wall, and long sleeve plain dark shirt are best for making ASL videos.

Wish I could do a plain wall. I'm stuck in position because I'm using the computer's webcam to make the videos. I can easily do the dark long sleeve shirt though. Thanks!

I understood everything and I am hearing have been signing for about 2 years, all self taught. Only things I have to mention are to open your fingers when you sign the number 2 so it doesnt look like a U and also keep your numbers 1-10 palm facing forward.
Great job and keep practicing!

If she have a light in front of her, her body will stand out more, less distracting to the background. That is one option you can try... Keep up with your work Linda!

Sneaker, I will think about that. I DO have a shoplight in the room right in front of me.I could probably cover up the chair with a light blanket as well.

Sneaker, I will think about that. I DO have a shoplight in the room right in front of me.I could probably cover up the chair with a light blanket as well.
yea a light in front of you would definitely sort of filter the background and the focus will be more on you :)
everything is understandable.. :) but when talking about yourself you point to yourself; what you are oing a sort of B handshape( can't see very clearly) i thought you were signing the word have at first..as a one handed sign so i was a bit confused But yes point to yourself (with the one handshape :) ) hope that helps and hope that's clear.

Good job though you're doing very well :)

Last edited:
The recommendations above are good. Flat and empty background, dark shirt, and more lighting aimed at your face/chest area. I am learning ASL also, and it is fun to learn. Keep up the practices and learning. Good job.

First, I commend your courage for posting a video on AD. :thumb:

I concur with previous posts.

In general, I would add that you should practice your mouth morphemes and other non-manual markers. I know when you're beginning it's hard to remember the signs, facial expressions, grammar, etc., all at the same time. :)

Try to use rhetorical questions to introduce information. That will also give you more practice with the eyebrows. :lol:

Keep up the good work!

A couple more notes:

1. You can use either abbreviations for state names, or specific name signs for states such as California, New York, Alaska and Texas have. (When in doubt, the abbreviations are fine.)

2. Remember to differentiate between the noun and verb forms of signs. BOOK and open-BOOK are signed differently, for example.

In general, I would add that you should practice your mouth morphemes and other non-manual markers. I know when you're beginning it's hard to remember the signs, facial expressions, grammar, etc., all at the same time. :)

2. Remember to differentiate between the noun and verb forms of signs. BOOK and open-BOOK are signed differently, for example.

Things like this are what make me so excited to get into school! Since I learned the majority of my signing socially My individual signs are usually fine, but I am CLUELESS when it comes to facial expressions and grammar, and some of the spacial stuff. Same with noun, verb, etc. Not a clue! I can make myself understood, but id rather do it the right way!

Back