A Hopeful New Member

Skeezix

Reaction score
:wave: Hi, Everyone!
I’m just jumping here in for the first time. I’m a mature signer who’s been involved with the Deaf Community on and off for about 20 years. I’m an Intermediate Signer and am trying to maintain and improve my skills. If anyone is interested in being a Signing partner, please let me know!
Skeezix

Welcome!!

:waves:

I've grown up to speak, and although I can sign I do not consider myself fluent.

Welcome

Thanks for joining us Skeeix. So happy to have you here.. Please feel free to ask anything of anyone..Good Luck and Peace to You! M♥♥♥:wave:

Thank you for the reply!

This seems like a very hospitable site, and I so appreciate that! I guess it goes without saying that I'm a Hearie. I understand that you were implanted young and that you're oral. Do you ever sign, or is there no need for that in your life?

I have worked with Deaf and HH children (ages8-12, and sometimes, the HS students, as well) for about 5 years (once a week). Many have had implants early in life. Many are profoundly deaf. I find them all delightful kids.

If you use ASL and are interested in communicating with that, I'd be delighted. If not, I understand.

Again, thanks for the welcome.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back