A forum for dhh kids and teens?

deafdyke

Reaction score
I think a cool addition to this forum, would be a section for dhh kids and teens to post and network about what it's like to grow up dhh. Quite a lot of the stuff out there is targeted towards adults or parents of dhh kids. Yeah, I know there's the rule that kids under 13 can't have net accounts, but on the other hand we could specificly state that if a person under age 13 wants to post, they have to do it under a parent's account/ supervision. We older members could also offer our support sort of like mentors.......

deafdyke said:
I think a cool addition to this forum, would be a section for dhh kids and teens to post and network about what it's like to grow up dhh. Quite a lot of the stuff out there is targeted towards adults or parents of dhh kids. Yeah, I know there's the rule that kids under 13 can't have net accounts, but on the other hand we could specificly state that if a person under age 13 wants to post, they have to do it under a parent's account/ supervision. We older members could also offer our support sort of like mentors.......

I think it is a nice idea, DeafDyke. :) What do everyone else think? :)

I think it's a good idea but needs to be heavily moderated because the kids and teens are not yet out in the real world yet. They need to be in a supportive environment better than the kid and teen chatrooms in the undernet.

Richard

I think it's meanfuling for the children use children forum.

Danny joined last year at German children forum. I was like wow when I saw it. Yes, I think it's meanfuling for the children use it.

I agree, but what about the adult content? Moderators can add age restrictions.

I'm sorry to say this, but the last thing I need is a heavily moderated forum. Besides, AllDeaf is for everyone and I don't see the need for a particular forum aimed at children.

Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

I'm sorry to say this, but the last thing I need is a heavily moderated forum. Besides, AllDeaf is for everyone and I don't see the need for a particular forum aimed at children.
Yes, but Alex, I really really honestly think that it would be an awesome idear...there is NOTHING for dhh kids out there....We mods could police the place on our own...I have not seen any problems with moderation issues...please rethink!

I'm sorry to say this but I have to agree with Alex on this one, since this forum is for everyone really, and children/teenagers can post in any particular forums that Alldeaf already has now and I don't see a problem with that either....

but, It was a good suggestion thru ;)

Back