A childs tale

stefan2832

Reaction score
Megan and the magic horse

Every night before Megan would go to sleep she would always make sure to kiss Harry goodnight. Harry, was Megan’s horse. To be exact, Harry was a wooden Rocking horse and he lived in the corner of Megan’s bedroom. Megan got him from Santa when she was 4 years old. Of course she was a big girl now almost 8! Megan loved him very much! Every day she would Jump up on his back and rock forward and back, pretending they were charging across the countryside. As much as she loved him, just as he was, sometimes she would wish he was a real horse!

Then, one night while Megan was fast asleep something woke her. She sat up in the bed. “What was that noise” she thought to herself. There it was again! Something was moving in the corner of her room. It was dark, much to dark to see anything.
So Megan turned on the lamp on her bedside table. As the room lit up, Megan’s jaw dropped open with shock! It was Harry! He had come to life!!

Megan jumped out of bed. She hugged Harry. She gave him a big kiss and Harry gave her a big lick on the face! “I can’t believe it!” said Megan. “You’re alive! A real horse! My wish has come true!”

Megan climbed onto Harry’s back, still kissing and hugging him! Then suddenly, without warning, Harry charged across the bedroom and jumped out the window! Megan held on for dear life thinking they were going to fall to the ground with a big thump!! But, they did not fall. Instead Harry flew! “You can fly” Megan shouted with excitement! Harry flew high into the air. Megan looked back to see her house
getting smaller and smaller. “Look Harry! There’s my school!”

Far below, Megan could see the roof of her school and the playground were she played every lunch time with her friends.
Harry flew on. “Look! There’s Freya’s house!” said Megan.

Freya was Megan’s best friend and they played together every day. “I can’t wait to tell Freya about this!” laughed Megan. Harry flew higher and higher. Soon they were in the clouds! “They are like big balls of cotton wool!” said Megan as she reached out trying to grab some cloud in her hand! Still Harry flew higher and higher. Now they were so high the clouds were below them. Looking up the stars were brighter than ever. “I’ve never seen the stars shine so bright” said Megan. She reached up to touch them but, they were still to far away!

Now they had been flying for almost an hour and Harry was getting tired and thirsty.
“Look” said Megan. “There’s a river were you can get a nice cold drink of water”
Harry slowly descended towards the river that Megan had pointed out to him.
Harry gently landed on the river bank. Megan jumped off to stretch her legs. But the river bank was very wet and slippery. Megan was still wearing her slippers and had to be very careful not to slip and fall in the mud.

Harry got his drink of water. “Poor Harry, you look tired” said Megan.
With that, Megan yawned, “I’m tired too, I think it’s time to go home now” Harry nodded in agreement.
Megan climbed up and Harry took off once again but, this time in the direction of home. Over Freya’s house, over the school,
soon they were back in Megan’s bedroom once again.

Megan closed the window, gave Harry a big hug and kiss and climbed into bed.
“Goodnight Harry” Megan said as she switched off the lamp and quickly fell fast asleep.

Next morning Megan jumped out of bed and looking at Harry, saw he was a wooden rocking horse again. “It must of all been a dream” Thought Megan. “Megan, you’re breakfast is ready” came a voice from downstairs, it was Megan’s mammy.
“Coming mammy” replied Megan. Quickly, Megan dressed. But as she put on her slippers she noticed they were wet and there was some mud on them! “So it was not a dream after all!” said Megan, as she remembered the mud on the river bank. She looked over at Harry, and although a wooden horse again she was sure he was giving her a little smile!

The end. copyright 2009 Stefan 2832.

Last edited:
Back