A Brain Teaser!!

Ironheartz

Reaction score
Are y'all smart as you claim to be?? I'm noticing that most of you are going to Gally and/or NTID/RIT this fall!! My best of luck to y'all...
However, I wanna see y'all prove your pot of smarties to AD'ers and the rest of em' world! :laugh2:

John's mother has three children. The oldest is a boy named Herbert, who has brown eyes-everyone calls him Herb. Next youngest is a girl named Penelope. Everyone calls her Penny. The youngest child has green eyes and can wiggle his ears. What is his first name?

This is a very very tricky and difficult brain teaser. The first person who gets it right is obviously high on the Einstein list!!!

It has to be John, because his mother has three kids. They've already named two of them, so John had to be the one because he was the last one to be described.

If there was someone else, it would be four children instead of three.

But I know it's John for sure.

Besides, I don't attend either Gally or RIT/NTID.

I attend a different college.

TOOOOOO easy !!!! come on - give us a really hard one ...... even if it's a chemical or algebraic equation !!!

haha, i've heard this one before...give us another one!! its fun straining our brains on a teaser ;)

OK! OK! OK! That was just a starter! Since y'all want a really hard one... here it is!
Three men decide to share a hotel room for the night. The desk clerk charges them $30. They each pay $10. After they go to their room, the desk clerk realizes the room is only $25., so he gives the bellhop $5 to take up to the men. On his way up, the bellhop decides to tip himself $2 for his trouble.

In the room, he gives each man $1--which means that each guy actually paid $9 for the room.

So: 3x$9=$27; the bellhop kept $2; that adds up to $29. Where did the other dollar go?

What's going on here? Why doesn't the math add up right?

By the way, peepz. the answer to the first brain teaser was correct! Just flexing your brains for more brain teasers....
:twisted:

Back