itsholly

Reaction score
iam hard of hearing and i wear hearing aids in both ears . and iam 20 . iam scared that if a guy finds out they may not like me how do u get over that feeling ? sometimes i think i just need to find a guy who is also hard of hearing so he will undersand where iam coming from !

if a guy finds out and then doesnt like you well hes not really worth your time in my opinion

How to get over someone finding out you wear a Hearing Aid? Usually very easy to notice- thus react to other's reaction.

Boys don't care if you're deaf until they had enough.
Girls do care if I'm deaf. It required the good communicate.

Are you skillful speech?

iam hard of hearing and i wear hearing aids in both ears . and iam 20 . iam scared that if a guy finds out they may not like me how do u get over that feeling ? sometimes i think i just need to find a guy who is also hard of hearing so he will undersand where iam coming from !

I don't think this is a big problem for women. Guys are much more understanding in the area of communication, IMO. His attraction to you is not based on communication alone.

A HOH guy will/should be more understanding. I don't think you will have a problem in this area either.

You'll be fine.

Yeah, I was 20 one time. I was worried about whether people will like me. I'm now 34. Not too worried any more.

You'll be fine.

Think of it as an easier way to sort out those who are worth keeping. If the HAs bother him - pfft! Good riddance. There are plenty of guys who won't have an issue with it.

ANYONE who has a problem with the fact you have hearing aids is not worth having in your life, be it friend or boyfriend.

I can tell you being twice your age, that if there's anything I've learned, not being self-conscious about deafness or hearing aids made making friends much much easier. You set the example for others to follow.

Be proud of who you are.

I used to have the same feelings growing up. It is a difficult feeling to overcome.

Back