:)

itsholly

Reaction score
So today i got my oticon safaris and i absolutley love them there awesome everything sounds so much clear i also love the care kit it comes with theres alot of great stuff . i am really intrested in the streamer for it does anyone know if its covered by medicaid or do u have to pay outta pocket for something like that ? just curious

What are we talking about here? hearing aids? either way it looks like its working for you misses chipper

Yeah hearing aids sorry i wasnt to clear maybe i should of posted in the hearing aids and cochlear implant thread

probably but either way! share your joy! share the sunshine! ahahaha

Thats great to hear, what did you have before?, were they old?

thank you ! :) i had the phonak audeo yes had those for about a year they were crap tho the sound quality was horrible

It is impossible to answer your question without knowing alot of personal finiancial information. You are in Washington state and I'm sure there is a state program of assistance. Our deaf in Houston can get them free with state help but, depending on the individual situation, they would require the deaf to pay part. So my suggestion would be for you to contact you state disability office. I'm an OCTION wearer but a different model, over 5 years old. I'll be checking yours out since you said it brought you happiness.
Good luck.

Medicaid wouldn't cover the iCOM for me if I had wanted to get it, I would have had to pay for that myself. I'm assuming the streamer is similar to Phonak's iCOM. Ask your audie's office about this, they might know if Medicaid will cover the streamer or if you'll have to pay for that yourself. Or you can try contacting Medicaid directly about this too.

I have a feeling with cuts and things "extra" stuff like streamer/FMs other ALDs are not going to be covered.

Back