9/11 Mastermind Confesses in Guantanamo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The court has not said one word about their decision. There is no "outcome", not yet.

The court has not yet said, "yea" or "nay". We don't know their decision. How can we have an opinion about a decision that has not yet been stated?

No matter what... everyone knows it's pretty illogical to make a confess for a first time after years...

No comment... I can't say anything yet until more proofs come...

All what I say is his confession for a first time after years is a strange.... pretty illogical. This is so.
You have to remember that in that particular subculture, a martyr is considered a hero. Perhaps that is what motivates him. There is nothing illogical about it. Also if you need more proof before you can decide, then why make comments that suggest something is amis?

Yes, but they haven't stated the outcome yet.

How can anyone be "surprised" or not "surprised" by a future event that hasn't yet happened?

The key word is "outcome". There is no "outcome" yet. The court has not yet made a decision. :)

Apparently I understand what you're saying or pointing out, however, surely you may not understand the gist of my comment?...Maybe you do, unless we need to bring in a psychic for you to 'show' you what I had meant? ;)

~RR

Apparently I understand what you're saying or pointing out, however, surely you may not understand the gist of my comment?...Maybe you do, unless we need to bring in a psychic for you to 'show' you what I had meant? ;)

~RR
;)

No matter what... everyone knows it's pretty illogical to make a confess for a first time after years...
Sorry, I guess I'm not as experienced with the terrorist psyche as you are. I really don't know what is "logical" when it comes to the mind of a mass-murdering terrorist.

Sorry, I guess I'm not as experienced with the terrorist psyche as you are. I really don't know what is "logical" when it comes to the mind of a mass-murdering terrorist.

:roll:

9/11 Mastermind Confesses in Guantanamo

Continued to 4th pages... (you can read further to 4th pages in this link).

ABC News: 9/11 Mastermind Confesses in Guantanamo

:confused: why he said this for a first time after years?
I just reread the four-page link. It doesn't say when KSM made his original confession. The transcript has only been released to the public recently. That doesn't mean he confessed recently. He might have confessed a few years ago, and the investigators sat on it until now. It was probably kept under wraps (secret) until now because the investigation was on going.

Is there another link that has more details? If not, then we probably won't find out the exact time sequence of events until some time future.

I usually try to stay out of these conversations, but..... If you read the first link, you will see that this was KSMs first opportunity to make an official statement. This meansm he has never had the opportunity to speak freely. He may have confessed years ago.
In reference to a confession made after all of this time being illogical, even if he did wait until recently to confess, it does not suprise me a bit. Confessions and tryuth can often take years to get. The interrogator has to often go through a very long trust building process with teh suspect.
While not being a terrorist expert, or anything associated with terrorism, I have been involced in several interviews with suspects. Alot of what you see in movies, and read about is not accurate. Gettiing a confession can be a long drawn out daunting task. There are multiple psychological games that can and usually must be used. Once you can gain the trust of the suspect (which when referrign to terrorists, can take years) you can start to open an honest dialog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back