8 people killed by N.C. tornado

Yea, its does happen in anytime.

I hope that Steel will be okay.

wow, that's terrible! hope everyone hangs in there.

Wow, that's sad to hear about that. Tornadoes happen all year long, no matter when. West US get the occassional tornadoes in the winter months from embedded thunderstorms in the pacific storms once in a while. They're rare, though.

They even want to put a deaf town in Spencer, South Dakota and that's in tornado alley.

Richard

What?! There was a tornado in NC today? I've never seen a tornado but I've certainly heard one once before. Yes, they do sound like a train.

I remember being in the bathtub and the hail got heavy. Then I heard something like a train and I wasn't wearing a hearing aid. I realized that must be a tornado and I ran to the basement. The nearset track is like a mile away from my old home. That tornado did only minor damage to property and no lives were lost.

That's really bad, 8 people dying. I live in NC myself.

They even want to put a deaf town in Spencer, South Dakota and that's in tornado alley.

Richard

*off-topic*

What's your point? After all, it could be put in any area even where earthquakes, hurricanes come about...the thing is, no area is exempt or safe from such natural disasters or storms. ;)

~RR

Yea it is awful. Cant mess around with Mother Nature...I guess that is the risk we take by living on Earth. The video footage of that town shows a town completely demolished. Amazing pics and scary too!

*shrugs* Wha.. strange weather this month November... out there still active tornado every where.?

Sorry about people who lost love ones..

*shrugs* Wha.. strange weather this month November... out there still active tornado every where.?

Sorry about people who lost love ones..

I grew up in Phx, AZ...as far as I know, so far no active tornados has every hit AZ. Yes, we had funnel clouds but no killer tornados so far.

sorry..I meant "...has ever hit AZ.."

Back