70,000 Fans of ASL!

Nesmuth

Reaction score
Today we get to start manufacturing 70,000 fans of American Sign Language to be handed out at the Orange County Fair next month.

Our fans will be hotter than this summer!

Richard

Attachments

• aslfan.jpg
    aslfan.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 31
Where does it say I said signing was obsolete? I only said there's no support for it here in OC. So we're providing the support.

Richard

Why should I be fan of ASL for? I don't see Hearing people would gather up to support their English Languages? Or Redneck languages, or Southern Languages? That's being so silly. By the way I am not fan of ASL. :|

Demise said:
Why should I be fan of ASL for? I don't see Hearing people would gather up to support their English Languages? Or Redneck languages, or Southern Languages? That's being so silly. By the way I am not fan of ASL. :|
Why on Earth is it silly? There are people who promote their own language. Perhaps you need to get out more and stop bragging about how much you hate ASL.

Nesmuth said:
Today we get to start manufacturing 70,000 fans of American Sign Language to be handed out at the Orange County Fair next month.

Our fans will be hotter than this summer!

Richard

I used to live in Orange County for short time.. now I live in LA county 5 yrs now..

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie said:
GNU I think you misunderstood.... nothing said about asl nesmouth had posted in the past.. i checked the post you copied and pasted...

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie
Sweetmind is advocating ASL. Nesmuth is saying she needs to get with it because people are using their voices instead now. So, he's basically saying that ASL is obsolete.

I only said there's no support for it here in OC
Probaly b/c it's a wealthy area, with tons of parents who only want their kids to speak!
I'm working on changing that perception, and perhaps in a few years, there'll be OC parents who are eager for their dhh kids to learn Sign. I think many of the parents have bought into the myth that Sign is beneath their kids.

Back