# 7 Danger of Coke and Pepsi (Soft Drinks)

Read posts #4 and 15. Click on the links to snopes.com. What some people are saying about Coke is false.

ButterflyGirl said:
Read posts #4 and 15. Click on the links to snopes.com. What some people are saying about Coke is false.

I didn't know or heard anything about coke useful for housework... Yes, I have read snope but I'm disagree some of them...

Example:

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

Why? Because I myself had been tested piece of meat with my children at few years ago. Add piece of meat in a glass and pour coke on it... leave it for one and half day then meat disappeared and part damaged.

I know for a long time that coke/pespi is not good for health. Health conference taught us and also at children's school, too. I'm agree with Banjo.

It's your choice either you beleive this or not. I would suggest you to read back label of coke then you will know what kind of flavor addivtes they made in coke/pespi...

Liebling:-))) said:
I didn't know or heard anything about coke useful for housework... Yes, I have read snope but I'm disagree some of them...

Example:

Why? Because I myself had been tested piece of meat with my children at few years ago. Add piece of meat in a glass and pour coke on it... leave it for one and half day then meat disappeared and part damaged.

I know for a long time that coke/pespi is not good for health. Health conference taught us and also at children's school, too. I'm agree with Banjo.

It's your choice either you beleive this or not. I would suggest you to read back label of coke then you will know what kind of flavor addivtes they made in coke/pespi...

I am not saying that Coke is healthy for us. I just don't believe with what some people are saying about Coke. Some of what is listed in Snopes might be true while others aren't. I haven't tried with what you did with the meat but I have heard that some people leave their meat in coke for a few hours before they cook it. I haven't tried that either. Oh well :dunno:

ButterflyGirl said:
I am not saying that Coke is healthy for us. I just don't believe with what some people are saying about Coke. Some of what is listed in Snopes might be true while others aren't. I haven't tried with what you did with the meat but I have heard that some people leave their meat in coke for a few hours before they cook it. I haven't tried that either. Oh well :dunno:

Marinate meat with Coke? This is a new to me. :shock: I would not try it because I don´t want meat turn into sweetner...

Just piece meat, not full meat or full fillet... Simple cut small piece of meat and add meat into glass or cup then pour coke in glass or cup and leave it for one and half or 2 days then you will see what sort of meat after 2 days... :cold:

Liebling:-))) said:
Marinate meat with Coke? This is a new to me. :shock: I would not try it because I don´t want meat turn into sweetner...

Just piece meat, not full meat or full fillet... Simple cut small piece of meat and add meat into glass or cup then pour coke in glass or cup and leave it for one and half or 2 days then you will see what sort of meat after 2 days... :cold:
LOL I have seen recipes in some cookbooks that calls for Coke and I was like eh? I don't think I want to try that though but then I'd never know how it tastes.

Ok I will test it with a piece of meat one day. *Shudders* at the thought of it disappearing in Coke lol.

ButterflyGirl said:
Don't bother. Not many people actually pay attention to our posts. Some people are too stubborn to not listen to the truth and believe the first thing they hear from others.

I've seen friends lost the same way. They hear something about their friends and believe it immediately without checking into it. When their friends try to explain the truth, they're too stubborn to believe it and end up losing their friends.

I've heard that if you put a penny in a can of coke, one week later it will gone because it's completley dissolved. :eek:

Bluerobin said:
I've heard that if you put a penny in a can of coke, one week later it will gone because it's completley dissolved. :eek:
Why don't you try that? Let us know if it works. ;)

If coke is in plastic or aluminum cans, why don't they dissolve the cans, too? So it's false!

I'll try the penny thing and we'll see...also pennies are made from copper...a different metal..alluminum is used for cooking utensils so it may be safe to use for storing coke and other chemicals like cleaning products as well...think about that!!!!!! :nana:

Bluerobin said:

I remember doing that when I was younger it can dissolve a penny in few days! Coke helps to clean the golf clubs. Imagine drop a penny from the Empire State Building! Ouch!

It"s incredible the amount of Urban Legends that arise about Coke.

Many stories may well have been true once, but Coke changes it's formula quite reugularly, I believe, to keep ahead of the FDA (if THAT's even true!).

There are numerous websites around about all the Coke legends, try googling.

Fact is, even Soda Water is not very good for you. The initial problem lies in the carbonated water. The additives are what make it worse.

It"s incredible the amount of Urban Legends that arise about Coke.

Many stories may well have been true once, but Coke changes it's formula quite reugularly, I believe, to keep ahead of the FDA (if THAT's even true!).

There are numerous websites around about all the Coke legends, try googling.

Fact is, even Soda Water is not very good for you. The initial problem lies in the carbonated water. The additives are what make it worse.

i agree with you on that as soda water is not good.. just like flavored water by Sam's choice. They are carbonated and it can cause gas also additives are added as well. i dont drink them! Filtered Tap water is good enough for me! :)

Oh, i dont drink any pop at all, not even diet pop anymore.
My doctor asked me if i drink any pop, i told her no, she
said thats good cuz it is not good for anybody! She suggested
lots of water, juices but not sweetened juices, unsweetened teas,
but most of all, lots of water which i do. Only bottled water here
cuz i dont like the well water here that we have.
In restaurant, i order either unsweetened iced tea or water with
lemon.
Some people are addicted to pop as i have seen in grocery
stores, i see some people get a bunch of Cokes or Pepsi in their
carts, i was like...Whoa! thats a lot of pop...geez. I guess they dont
realize its bad stuff for them...guess they didnt hear the news about
the bad stuff about pop and their effects on their health.

Don't believe everything you read. Everything in our lives gets bad reviews. I'm sure there was a time where it was believed that drinking soda was "medicinal". Everything we eat/drink/use, at one point, was thought to be bad for us or good for us. I'm amazed that people still believe this stuff, because honestly, There are really no good or bad foods.

Back