675 Batteries?

Malfoyish, I’m totally confused. The BTE processor for the Nucleus 24 takes size 675 batteries, doesn’t it? Why don’t you just use the batteries yourself?

Anyway, I might be interested. PM me with the price.

Clarion BTE do not use 675 batteries. Nucleus and Med-EL BTE do use 675 batteries. Could be Malfoyish have the Clarion?

No, Malfoyish definitely has the Nucleus 24. She was re-implanted with the Nucleus following a bout of meningitis and the removal of her Advanced Bionics implant a few months ago. It was a topic of considerable discussion when it was happening. I’m confused. :confused:

It's a very long story, and one that came to be AFTER the surgery...when I was called by the audiology department - they wanted me to help them place an order for the new hardware. Then they called back a couple hours later, leaving a message on my machine saying "Never mind, we were told by Advanced Bionics that you may use your old hardware, even with the new implantation - it is compatible with your new internal device."

This is where I, myself, got confused, because I DID tell them to go ahead and put in the Nucleus. How in the world would a Nucleus inner device be in any way compatible with an AB outer device? I asked the audiologist this, and she then tells me that I didn't have the Nucleus. I was shocked and asked how this was so, because I did request the latest Nucleus. The audiologist was mistaken when she put in for the wrong one.

I was livid, to say the least! Surgery was over with and there was no way now to correct this error. I spent quite a few days crying and shooting darts at Advanced Bionics and at the hospital. Ah, but I was later told that I would not have been able to change the brand/company name of implant I had ANYWAY because Advanced Bionics was the one paying for the re-implantation surgery. So - wouldn't have been a choice anyway. That did make me feel a little better, but what I wonder about is if that was even true. I mean, my insurance covered the surgery...and they did make it appear as if I did have an option in the first place. Sounds like ass-covering to me...but I dropped it.

Satisfied with the CI I have now, anyway. :::shrug::: Not in any position to do anything about it to be honest. Gives me a headache!

Anyway, hope that clears a little of this up for ya, Levonian. :) I still remember your kind gesture the night before surgery. Was very nice of you to make up that thread. Very much appreciated by everyone. Let me know by PM how many batteries you might be interested in and I'll throw some figures at you...

Hugs!

I have the AB Auria...and it does not use 675 Batteries. I thought I would be able to make use of them, but no, I'm not.

Sorry that it went that way for you! That's a nightmare for anyone. To be honest, sometimes I wish I had the Nucleus or Medel because their BTE last longer! The BTE battery that I have is the thicker one because with the older model Platinum--the thin ones will not last long enough..would be waste of money. I trusted they'd come out with a good long lasting batteries, but they are still struggling with that. Oh well! I'll live! Also, a few months after my surgery, they came out with the newest implant, they HiRes. Grr! No one told me that it would come out soon. The reason I complain is well because it was only a few months that the would come out with the latest one.

Oh well...

Malfoyish!!

WOW!! Oh boy!! sorry to hear that you didn't get what you wanted.. I guess there were some incommunicado on the way up to the date of surgery...

so you seems to be satisfied with what you have now?

Kitty, I knew the HiRes 90K internal implant will come out but why wait till after Sept 2003 my surgery was in june 2003 although the the component of the internal implant are same.. just design change.. it would be nice to have that newer design... oh well..

Boult said:
so you seems to be satisfied with what you have now?

Yeah, I'm satisfied. I'm just glad all of this confusion is behind me now. Now, I've just got to get used to the new implant, pick up the ball on the training, the therapy....ya know. :)

Good to see you, hope all is well with you. :)

Malfoyish said:
Yeah, I'm satisfied. I'm just glad all of this confusion is behind me now. Now, I've just got to get used to the new implant, pick up the ball on the training, the therapy....ya know. :)

Good to see you, hope all is well with you. :)

Yeah! same here too, need to get into therapy soon eh.. but all is well with me :)

Boult, yes I understand. It was a internal device change. The problem I have is that AB promised to have the external device available to all implantees regarding their internal device, but no, they broke that promise. It makes me a bit sad.

I am also disappointed because I feel they are working too much on the newer implants, but putting the BTE big battery and short battery life issues on hold.

Sometimes I wish I had the other ones simply because of their better BTE design. AB is just so slow on theirs for some reason.

Some don't want to complain about their company, but heck, that's how I feel.

Back