675 Batteries?

Malfoyish

Reaction score
I've got a long time's supply of 675's that I'm trying to get rid of. I've got a CI so I really don't need 'em. Thought I'd put this "ad" out in case anyone might be interested? :)

Let me know either by email, IM or PM. I'll be lurking about. :)

Could you be more specific? Got expiration dates? Brand names? Where you got them from? Anything we could use to understand better what we are expecting. I'd hate to end up buying batteries that will expire next week... :eek:

They're Siemens brand - some of 'em are Duracell, some are another brand...but ah, I've been getting them in the mail, even after my CI. Don't think they'll expire anytime soon...after all, some of these, I got as much as a year ago...and batteries are usually good for a long time, eh? :dunno:

Just tryin' to get 'em off my hands. I don't think that I'll be usin' 'em!

Do these batteries have the ummmm, chemical tabs on their bottoms, the removal of which activates/charges the batteries to their fullest? Know what I mean? Those sticker tabs on the bottom keep the molecular activity to an absolute minimum until you are in need of a new battery, whereupon you pull off this tab and she comes roaring to life like, err, ummm, nevermind. :mrgreen:

Tousi said:
Do these batteries have the ummmm, chemical tabs on their bottoms, the removal of which activates/charges the batteries to their fullest? Know what I mean? Those sticker tabs on the bottom keep the molecular activity to an absolute minimum until you are in need of a new battery, whereupon you pull off this tab and she comes roaring to life like, err, ummm, nevermind. :mrgreen:
:wtf:

What the hell are you talking about? I've never heard anything about tabs being used for that reason. Perhaps, you're right... :dunno:

Hey, Vamps, this dealie's been around for several years, perhaps a bit longer. Those tabs keep batteries fresh on retailers shelves for much much longer--great concept for mass production and curtailing waste, etc. Like I said this tab is, I think, chemically coated and stuck on the bottom of the battery which slows down a battery's molecular activity to almost a stand-still. Then when you are ready for a fresh battery, you merely peel off this tab and it only takes about 30 seconds for the molecular activity to engage and fully charge the battery----I've never seen this tab thingy on any type of battery other than the kind for hearing aids, cameras....the button type batteries. Look next time ya go to the drug store.

Last edited:
Tousi said:
Hey, Vamps, this dealie's been around for several years, perhaps a bit longer. Those tabs keep batteries fresh on retailers shelves for much much longer--great concept for mass production and curtailing waste, etc. Like I said this tab is, I think, chemically coated and stuck on the bottom of the battery which slows down a battery's molecular activity to almost a stand-still. Then when you are ready for a fresh battery, you merely peel off this tab and it only takes about 30 seconds for the molecular activity to engage and fully charge the battery----I've never seen this tab thingy on any type of battery other than the kind for hearing aids, cameras....the button type batteries. Look next time ya go to the drug store.
If only they could put these things in all electrical products. That would really make them last just as long! ;)

SpiritOfTheWolf said:
You get them in the mail free? Like samples? Or ordered? If they're free where can we sign up?

They're not free. There's a slight co-pay. I had it set up with the audiology center near me that they would bill my medicaid card for monthly replenishments - and they would mail me an invoice along with the batteries and I'd mail back the co-payment. I no longer really use medicaid and I have gotten the CI since...LOL...but they're still sending the batteries! LOL. I have no further need for them.

Eh, how many of the darn things do you have? Will I need a forklift truck?

Malfoyish, good morning!
Do your batteries have the life-extending tabs on them.....as I described this above??

Tousi said:
Malfoyish, good morning!
Do your batteries have the life-extending tabs on them.....as I described this above??

Yes, they do...the blue sticker tabs...

Why don't you set up a mailing list or something. If people are interested, they could send you a self-addressed & stamped envelope... and you mail one pack of batteries to each of them. That is if the batteries could be sent using only a few stamps. You could weight them and equal that in weight for the number of stamps. Know what I mean?

Just an idea... :dunno:

I got to tell you that after 6 years, I visited my dad after the divorce who kept a pack of batteries in his car. It's hot year round where I lived, and surprisingly the batteries still worked. All under that constant hot sun in the car. : D

I've tried the eBay route, but have had more of an interest here. Anyway, I've managed to get some off of my hands for now, but still have some more if anyone's interested. No forklift needed...LOL.

Back