5 year old brings heroin to daycare

elwood123

Reaction score
BUFFALO, New York - A 5-year-old New York boy brought small packets of heroin to his day care center and told other children it was candy, police said.

Six children were rushed by ambulance to a hospital and later released. The boy, his 2-year-old sister and another 2-year-old girl apparently swallowed some of the drug.

None were reported to have been seriously injured in the Tuesday incident, The Buffalo News reported in its Friday editions.
The boy's parents, Wayne Clamp and Kari Lyn Lee, said their son must have found the "10 pack" of heroin as his mother walked him and his two sisters to the YWCA Schoolhouse Commons center. Thinking he had found candy, the boy gave it to his sisters and friends, the parents said.

"It was all wrapped up in waxed paper and they had smile faces stamped on them like these M&Ms," Clamp said, showing a candy bag.

"He didn't think it was something bad," Clamp said. "He said it smelled like bread crumbs."

The couple's children and Lee's 7-year-old son were taken into protective custody and placed with Lee's mother pending a July 11 court date. The parents said neither of them uses drugs and insisted the heroin did not come from their house.

Meanwhile, operations at the day care were suspended by the state Office of Child and Family Services, pending an investigation.
5-year-old brings heroin to day care - More Health News - MSNBC.com

:eek3::eek3::eek3:

I saw on the news about herion being dyed child friendly colors and being wrapped in clear plastic wrappings with logos on them as if they were candy. Geez...means all of us parents do not allow our children eating candy from a company that we are not familiar with.

Drug dealers are finding ways to lure children to methamphetamine and other illegal drugs by making it look like candy. Do google on "methamphetamine candy". :ugh3:

Parents, grandparents and guardians need to educate the children not to accept anything from strangers, friends, etc.

Drug dealers are finding ways to lure children to methamphetamine and other illegal drugs by making it look like candy. Do google on "methamphetamine candy". :ugh3:

Parents, grandparents and guardians need to educate the children not to accept anything from strangers, friends, etc.

That too!

Not only are dealers selling little kids drugs disquised as candy, but they're also giving little kids free samples to get them hooked. The whole idea of someone giving a child not even in their teens meth makes me sick.

A family member of mine was addicted to heroine. It's a horrible drug.

Drugs are often times in very friendly, interesting, and "child-friendly" shapes, colours, and sizes. It's true. The appearence of candy to a child is very appealing. A similar situation happened in my state where ecstacy was found in a kids trick-or-treat bag. The only reason his parents knew what it was is because his father was a cop and recognized it while checking the candy and brought it in and sure enough it was ecstacy.

It's to hide the ugly of the outcome of drugs I think.

Last edited:
ah, yes.. i heard it before.. I believe that kids need to be taught by teachers and parent or any relative about strangers, "candy-like" drugs, and blah..

sad.. its getting insane lately right now.. i meant, at look the world. ugh

A similar situation happened in my state where ecstacy was found in a kids trick-or-treat bag. The only reason his parents knew what it was is because his father was a cop and recognized it while checking the candy and brought it in and sure enough it was ecstacy.

It's to hide the ugly of the outcome of drugs I think.

Did they ever catch who put it in there? Its lucky that the father was a cop. Imagine how many kids ended up without the pills being noticed. I don't think the dealers really care about hiding the outcome, I think they just want to make as much money as possible, regardless of who it hurts

I didn't hear about this story til now, crazy thing that happened to the kids and parents.

Unbelievable... :eek3:

Exactly...

I really really want to :rl: drug dealers!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry I think it was VERY funny! Heroin is a sweet candy, wanna some? Very funny!

:rofl:

APparently they need to teach the kids not to pick trash up off the ground too, according to this story. Lord knows my three-year-old is constantly trying to pick up old candy, and other trash to see what it is. At five, with the parent there, I find it hard to believe the kid "found" a ten-pack of heroin without his mother seeing it! But then, I'm really cynical.....

I want to :rl: at drug dealers! I want FBI, CIA arrest all drug dealers that are not innocent.
Oh my dear, I couldn't believe it! I feel sorry for kids. Parents/teachers should be teaching their kids to learning to avoid from the strangers! :mad:

But I think it would be not happen for kids to get learn enough, maybe, teachers/parents think under 6 years of age don't have to learn too much.

Back