40 hours jobs

ClearSky

Reaction score
It isn't easy to search for a 40 hours a week job. I mean, I am looking for a new job, but I see a lot of part-time jobs. I went for an interview for a new Kohl's opening soon, and they have no full-time jobs whatsoever. The lady phrased it that they have full-time jobs, but they don't have it available. Maybe it means that only the bosses and supervisors work full-time. How do these companies get away with hiring only part-time, so they can spare themselves the extra benefits employees need? How is that legal at all?

I am not fond of holding two part-time jobs.

I would have gotten the job on the spot, but I had to tell her that I'd think about it. I am working full-time currently, but I need to change.

Am I unrealistic going out there to look for a full-time job at a department store? Am I being silly?

Right now this America's economy is stink. Freeze hiring, raise wages and full time position job (over $15.00 per hour)depend on. You know Circuit City layoff over 2500 employees then hiring low wages. Their stocks dropping. <----I laughed this company thinking will save million dollars but turn out stocks is big loss profit.(stupid plan theory). There is more businesses didn't good profits very well. Also many companies start shrink or change insurance health plans and retirement plans. It is totally suckers. Hope in the future for 2009 getting better but not whole thing. I am not surprise there will lot change economies after Bush leave office.

PS Here still battle this economy is rescission or not. <-----congresses and senators are trash talk PPPPFFFTTTTT nothing happen hear news since then. LOL

Ok...back to the point... Clearsky, have you considered going to college to get a major so you can get more opportunities in full time positions.

Mod Note:

Posts have been removed--due to it being off-topic and not related to which this thread is concerned with.

~RR

i agree with TFWfalcon here..

i also want to add one more thing.. most companies preffer to hire part-time people to avoid paying benefits. that's a big gain for companies that hires part-time because many part-time can't have full benefits just like those full-time people have. so this saves the company money.

usually there's a law stating that if you are working full-time and there's more than (some amount of employee) then they must provide health insurance, and list of benefits goes on.. so they prefer part-time people to avoid this.

there are companies that do hire part time, and still provide benefits to the part time employees. You just have to look for the companies. I remember reading somewhere (don't remember where, think it was on MSN) that said Target hired part time employees, and gives them full benefits.

Yes, most part time jobs do not give benefits, but some companies may feel that it's good "employee/employer relations" to provide all staff, no matter if full time or part time, the same benefiits.

It's rare, but some jobs do that.

the company I work for do provide benefits for at least 30 hours a week which is part time. I guess you have to look for a company that can provide benefits with part time work which would take your time to research. :) you might lucky to land in a full time job, though.

What about working for non profit agencies or do u prefer to work at Dept stores?

alot full-time job openings in chicago-

maybe its just the location and perhaps a part-time job is a tool for employers to screen out those undesired and great employees would be offered the full-time post if the companies find them impressive

What are some non-profit companies I could work for? Name some please.

I'll try Target, but it looks difficult to find full-time jobs right now. I don't know if the economy has anything to do with it since I don't get into the issues because all it does is discourage you.

Back