4 more days til appt!

deafmama78

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just an update. Four more days til I can finally go to my CI evaluation appt - Weds March 21st at 8am! I am getting extremely anxious, nervous, yet excited!! I keep having daydreams about the whole process, have any of you went thru that? Like I'd be laying on my bed [I was sick w/ the flu and still don't feel 110% better] and I'd be daydreaming about the activation date. Strange, eh? I guess at this point, I am extremely tired of Tinnitus masking regular speech and just want to move on and get started with the whole process so I'm very anxious. I'm a very impatient person so I'm of course sitting here thinking of 1000 different ways of how activation day would turn out for me. I just hope that it turns out super & really does work for me!!

Wish me luck! I will be post again on Weds after my appt w/ the update to announce if I'm a candidate or not, but let's please hope that I am!!!

Thanks! :]

Good luck with that...you will be send down for CatScan to get the image of your cochleas. Then they will let you know if you are candidate for CI.

I had many day dreams how I'll reacted to CI but it didn't turned out that way! LOL!

So keep us posted! You'll be just fine!

Wishing you the best and hopefully turns out in the way you hope for-- ;)

Keep us AD'ers posted....

~RR

Deafmama,

Good Luck on Wednesday! You might want to bring some water because it is a lot of testing and all the talking will make you thirsty.

I did an evaluation two weeks ago and I was convinced I would not qualify I already had new hearing aids and an FM system. ($8000 worth). Well , the FM system was not working for me and was still in the trial period so I able to returned it. I also requested a longer trial period for the new hearing aids and I have until May to decide what I want to do.

I still can't believe I qualified and I am currently trying more amplification and I am going to do the aided part of the testing again next month (at my request). I want to see if there is any improvement. I might even get tested again in 6 months so I have a better idea how fast my hearing loss is progressing and to get a more accurate idea of what my hearing really is. So far after having the hearing aids adjusted I have learned Louder is not better. I never knew Starbucks could be so noisy,uggh!

With hearing aids, I understood 53% of the words in my left ear and 40% on the right. For sentences I got 12% on the right and 59% with both hearing aids. The left ear alone was not tested for sentences.

I hope you can meet others with CIs and go to some informational meetings about CIs before you make a decision. I attended one over the weekend and talked to a number of people with CIs and got some good information. I was able to ask about allergies to any of the materials used in the CI. I have a nickel allergy and I am concerned about an allergy to the internal portion. Nickel has done ugly things to my earlobes and neck and I would hate to have a similar reaction to any of the internal components. I am going to get some allergy testing done before I make a final decision.

I am also pretty close to giving up wearing a hearing aid in the right ear but I will get a CI before I do that.

keep us posted!!!

Back