30 of the most beautiful lighthouses in USA

probably many more... they didn't include St Augustine's either.

Just went to one here in NC (there are many along the coast) called Currituck Beach Lighthouse. 220 steps lol (that was fun with an aching ankle...)

Some years back, we stayed at the Heceta Head Lighthouse in Oregon. We took my wife's parents along, too......cannot tell by the picture but the house is huge, has several bedrooms all done up in the Victorian era....they served us a six course breakfast...very nice...also nice to see the Coast Guard helicopter cruise by every once in a while as they are responsible for this.....

Some years back, we stayed at the Heceta Head Lighthouse in Oregon. We took my wife's parents along, too......cannot tell by the picture but the house is huge, has several bedrooms all done up in the Victorian era....they served us a six course breakfast...very nice...also nice to see the Coast Guard helicopter cruise by every once in a while as they are responsible for this.....

What a breathtaking view that is ! It sound lovely . I heard of people being able to dine at lighthouses , it help pay for the upkeep of it .
:ty: for sharing that . I found a better photo of the house , it's beautiful !

Hecetabed_rip.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

Of that list, I have a miniature of the New London Ledge House, and a plush kiddie version of Quoddy. I've been to the lighthouse at Point Loma.

Charleston's historic Morris Island lighthouse wasn't included, probably because it's not beautiful. It's barely hanging in there. I have a miniature of it, and a snow globe of it.

I have other prints and lighthouse collectible items.

Can you guess that I like lighthouses? :lol:

I'm jealous! :lol:

I'm jealous! :lol:

Me too ! I thought of you I first saw this , some lighthouses are in your home state and kind of thought you like lighthouses too. I would love to live in a house like that with a front porch .

Its a big front porch, too! And, of course, it faces the mighty Pacific!

Thanks for sharing.

Of that list, I have a miniature of the New London Ledge House, and a plush kiddie version of Quoddy. I've been to the lighthouse at Point Loma.

Charleston's historic Morris Island lighthouse wasn't included, probably because it's not beautiful. It's barely hanging in there. I have a miniature of it, and a snow globe of it.

I have other prints and lighthouse collectible items.

Can you guess that I like lighthouses? :lol:
:) Maybe I should send you the magnet I got that shows the Currituck one :)

Or you could post a picture of it. :)
LOL Okay I'll see if I can do that tonight- I can scan it :). Will post the picture(s) I took. They're giant sized right now as I used my phone for most of them (my camera battery decided to die) and have been researching the best way to upload 'em to facebook without them losing their quality...

I have book on everylight house in uk it sounds boring but it very intresting...I unable to post pic but little lighthouse near me I did some voluntary work it one smallest light house in world..Called pakefield light house

I've been to both Cape Neddick and Portland (both in Maine), and also Split Rock in Minnesota many times since that's my home state. The ones in Maine are especially cool.

I've been to both Cape Neddick and Portland (both in Maine), and also Split Rock in Minnesota many times since that's my home state. The ones in Maine are especially cool.

So does Split Rock shine over Lake Superior?

Back