3 Utah Deaf men got into car crash...

Chrysanthe

Reaction score
Tragic news in Salt Lake City, Utah

At my work, I found out 3 employees were into car accident.... It was hard on me when I found out about them. Please pray for them!!

Glenn Williams, Mitch Moyers and Adam Shewell, employees of Robert G. Sanderson Community Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing, was on the way to Odgen for USOE meeting. Unforunately, they had a car crash. Adam Shewell, broke his arm. Mitch Moyers was in a serious condition and as for right now, is in surgery. It is possible that he is going to be alright. Glenn Williams, killed instantly.

ksl.com - Utah's Online Source for Local News & Information Head-on Collision on I-215 Leaves Two Dead

Please pray for Mitch, Adam and Glenn's families.

Rest in Peace, Glenn.

We will miss you!!

Im so sorry to hear! Terrible accident! !

Yeah, They are in my prayer..

I lost my little brother by car accident when he was 17 yrs old.

M-:afro:

Aww this is sad news.. they are in my thoughts.. Glenn's family are in my prayers.. May God be with them in this sad time!

I'm sorry to hear about the bad car accident they had.

It looks like it's time for a barrier on I-215 since there's no divider or a raised median to reduce head on crashes.

I'm sorry to hear about the bad car accident they had.

It looks like it's time for a barrier on I-215 since there's no divider or a raised median to reduce head on crashes.

Yeah, you got that right. In Utah, we always have horrible accidents almost every day .. in Salt Lake City, alone.

An unfortunate piece of news, though I do not think think their full names should have been disclosed here. Even the local news haven't disclosed the names of the two persons still alive.

The Deaf Centre is closed today until the time being due to this.

RIP G.W. and we'll think positive vibes for the two survivors.

Yeah, you got that right. In Utah, we always have horrible accidents almost every day .. in Salt Lake City, alone.

I guess they need to work on traffic safety in SLC area since there's growth in reckless drivers and population shift. Seattle area already have barriers almost everywhere on the freeways to reduce head on crashes. I remember that when I was driving on brand new widened and repaved I-15 in SLC with the concrete barriers with tall bright white lights glowing at night time, pretty nice.

More info....

An unfortunate piece of news, though I do not think think their full names should have been disclosed here. Even the local news haven't disclosed the names of the two persons still alive.

The Deaf Centre is closed today until the time being due to this.

RIP G.W. and we'll think positive vibes for the two survivors.

It already stated their names on the news.

The Deaf Center will be reopen tomorrow morning. I was told that I am needed to work at the Deaf Center. :)

The more information is on www.fox13.com (their names already have been published)

Oh my gosh, I know Adam Shewell from jr high school and high school. I hope that he is allright.

Now they are... at the time of my posting, the names weren't disclosed.

Anyway, I heard JMS will have the Halloween/Autumn Bash, and donate all the proceedings to the family of Glenn Williams. So, if you live in Utah, why not go to support the family in need?

The Fall Festival/Monster Mash is still on for Friday night at Jean Massieu School. We will be donating all proceeds to the family
of Glenn Williams. Please come out and support his family in this difficult time.

- Jean Massieu School for the Deaf -
Fall Festival / Halloween Monster Mash Fundraiser!!

Please wear your Halloween costumes - no masks please!
Where? 1350 West South Jordan Pkwy (10400 S)
When? Friday, October 20, 2006 - 6:00-9:00 pm
Dinner, Monster Mash (Dance), Costume Contest, & Live Auction!

Admission: Includes dinner & events
$10 family (up to 5 people) / $3 person (all proceeds donated to the school)
NONSTOP FUN for the whole family!
Bring family, friends and neighbors out to help support our school!

Adam Shewell is fine. He will be released tomorrow. He was injured only by a broken arm.

Mitch Moyers is still in ICU and expecting few or several surgeries because broken bones. His wife just had a baby. So pray for Mitch and his family.

Glenn will be sorely missed!

I will try my best to go to JMS to support the family. I believe I will be helping some part for the funeral. So I am more than happy to help the family!! Glenn and his family are very special people and I knew his sons, that I was their counselor at the camp.

sounds like a fun activity, and not too far from my house....maybe I could get my wife to come with me.

OMG!!! I knew Adam Shewell. When I was in 6 or 7th grade, I first met him at a deaf camp in Utah and chatted up with him pretty much. Then later, Adam and I went to a field trip to Big Cottonwood Canyon (Brighton and Souitdue, ski resorts near SLC) with our classmates for a day... Glad he is doing okay.

Back