3 month post activation

overthepond

Reaction score
Yesterday I had my 3 month review 1 and half week early than my actual appt on 19th. I was desperately needing a tune up that all of my programs were maxed out for fornight, I noticed I was struggling with understanding people. People commented that I am not responsing well. Sarah my usual Audi was very kind and agreed that I should be seen sooner so booked me for the next day.
Before I had my tune up I had hearing test with CI it was 45db across the board (at one month was 35/40 db) indeed i do need a tune up.
I had a really good tune up as it sounded so much better since when I was first switched on. I actually prefered the fastest speed of 7200 p/s so all of my programs are setted at this speed, P1 is everyday, P2 is Autosensivity, P3 is same as P1 but louder, P4 is my old map pre 3 month but louder in case i am experincing problems with above.
I had my hearing test with CI, it is 30/35 across the board, this is actually MORE than I ever heard with my hearing aids.
I also had CUNY test, Lipreading and listening the first question came up i was shocked to be able to listen/lipread FULL sentence of an unexpressed man! then my grin broke out and grinned through out the test and got excellent 77% (may not be big deal but i only asked for 5% improvement, Pre Implant was 40%, 1 month was 64%)
Sarah, My Audi really wanted me to do listening only test, so I tried... tried... and got one phase which I thought was "the fire engine is red" it was so hard to try to listen for something that made sense. However she stopped after few attempts. "The fire engine is red" is actually "the car engine is running"!!! ALMOST there!! Doh!! Hope I will get something at my 6 month!.
I am pretty pleased with myself but hitting the walls for not getting enough listening only pratice... not easy when you are single, lives alone.
:D:D:D:D

Wow! Glad you got in early. And that's great that your scores are going up, I'm sure they will continue to do so over time. :)

Oh, and for listening-only practice, perhaps try listening to the TV without actually looking at it? Would that help?

cool Charlotte!! that's awesome..
I have the same situation with you , so I've started AVT sessions..I'm nearing 6 month activation , and today I managed to call both my mother and a friend and converse with them for 10 to 15 minutes!! YAY! but I do think that AVT lessons there are really expensive!

That is wonderful progress Charlotte...Congrats and keep up the good work.

Back